Where can i get an elastic band from for a clock ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've got a clock that on every hour, use to chime by means of some people hitting some bells. The elastic band that drives the action perished, and i cant find a replacement.
2d5557fa.jpg

The elastic band in the picture, i pinched from my old technic lego- thought it would have worked :cry: The band i've got is 50mm if pulled out straight but its just to tight. It looks to be 1.5mm round which fits ideal.

7cc82e4f.jpg

Looks like i need one somewhere between 60-65mm. Its been in pieces for a few weeks now waiting to get fixed, so any help would be greatly appreciated :wink:

Thanks

Simon

Simon,

IIRC they measure these belts by diameter not length so thats what you need to look for if you go to Maplin. Sorry if thats obvious but hope it helps.

Graham

Just buy a thin O ring that is too long, cut it with a stanley blade to the right length and then superglue to join.

Thanks for all your help with this chaps.

I've just came back from maplins with a 35mm band. Its ever so ever so slightly too tight. I've got the band in a stretched position so hopefully i gain gain a little bit. Never been to a shop where they were so keen to help. Cheers AndyT :wink:

If i cant get it to stretch a little, i'll try one of the other ideas suggested.

Thanks for all your help with this.

Simon

Back