What you can make with very expensive kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Established Member
Reaction score
Inspired as I am, by the talk of all the new and highly expensive kit on here. I though I would share this with you all.

Kit List Required
Power tools.....All Festool £5000
Workshop Tools........Any very expensive make £5000
Planes nothing less than hand made...........£10,000

So for the resonable sum of £20,000 I have managed to make this

2006_0225Image0026.jpg

Hope you all like it :wink:

Bean

i nice contemporary piece, must be worth at least £20,001

A return on your investment after the first piece, nice going :lol:

Andy

Bean,

WIP pictures are always useful. What's it going to be - a display cabinet for the tools :lol: :roll:

By the way, your workshop looks a bit scruffy.

Paul

Similar to the one I made, Did you also have problems with the drawer sliders??

I thought the lack of racking and the ease of opening the drawers was a particular highpoint of the design

Oh the router is the mother of all routers, solid cast iron will take two dado's, only trouble is you cannot lift it

Bean

If all else fails enter it for the Turner Prize :)

Kane

I was going to ask your advice on Festool power tools but I see you only spent £5000 and so only have one :D

You see, I have a door that needs 0.5mm removing to stop it binding and I wondered if you would recommend any Festool tools to do it?

Lovely project by the way but I think you need a roof on that workshop :wink:

Ahh now if you need a festool to trim a door.........I would suggest that the whole catalogue be purcahsed, as you never know when you may need one for a couple of minutes.................Pointless buying anything cheap for a one off job.....no Gloat power

I find the lack of roof is good for natural daylight and the breeze keep the dust and shavings off my floor......Its called naturist woodworking, just dont stand too close to a rotating blade :shock:

Bean

Come on Andy did you miss the 1" cock beading on the top, thats a curve.................Please Mr Judge it is [-o<

Bean

Back