What do you think of the Kity 613 Bandsaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickCheese

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have a small Kity PT and am very pleased with it.

There is a Kity 613 Bandsaw on eBay and it is close to me so I can collect. There is ages to go but no bids at £75. As I am after a decent small Bandsaw this looks like a good buy.

What is the general opinion of this saw?

Looking at the Axminster site I was trying to get a feel for an equivalent model to try to gauge a price. AWHBS350N Would this be similar?

Thanks

Mick

Looks very similar to the 350 mick and in nice condition ,
although with nearly 7 days to go i suspect it will fetch a fair bit more than £75.

Well, I shall be having a punt. I'm in the market for something just like this, having been looking for a while. I mentioned it in a previous post.

The only time prices go up on ebay is when you want the item. I watched no. 7 planes for months and even bid on a few. There seemed to be a pattern. They went for about 60 quid unless i bid and then they magically went for more. I can't explain it. The one's i didn't bid on went some times as low as £55 and the one's i tried to get ended up going £65 or more.

steve_c":2fg7tdm2 said:
Well, I shall be having a punt. I'm in the market for something just like this, having been looking for a while. I mentioned it in a previous post.

Steve

I don't want to fight you for it, that will help neither of us. I hadn't seen your post before I posted but you were first, I will leave you to it. If you do win and need it picked up and looked after let me know, it is very close to me.

Let me know if you don't want it though.

Regards

Mick

woodsworth":kf221mvp said:
The only time prices go up on ebay is when you want the item. I watched no. 7 planes for months and even bid on a few. There seemed to be a pattern. They went for about 60 quid unless i bid and then they magically went for more. I can't explain it. The one's i didn't bid on went some times as low as £55 and the one's i tried to get ended up going £65 or more.

you need to snipe them in the last few seconds rather than bidding early

Unfortunately other people do the same as well as I found out when I was bidding on a No 5 plane yesterday. Of course if someone has already put in a higher bid than you....

No..got outbid. It shot right up in the last minute. I guess it was someone who didn't have to travel half way across the country.

I see there's a Record BS300 just gone on ebay for £175 buy it now. Unfortunately it's in Scotland!

Seems like a very fair price for a machine that would cost £400 new!
Even better for a **** take place like ebay.

you need to snipe them in the last few seconds rather than bidding early

Tell me about it. I'd been looking for something in particular for the last 3 months. Finally one shows up. I was the highest bidder with 1 second to go, when I was outbid by a quid. Gah.

You can use a different website called bid scheduler I think which bids for you. Saves having to remember as well! This can bid last second and may have been how you were outbid in the last second.

Back