What did you do in your workshop today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Homerjh":21ahyy0p said:
they any good? saw them but wasnt sure how good they would be so left them.

I think they're OK. You can't get huge pressure on them but for glue ups especially when having a lot is useful then I think they'll be worth their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wonders of mobile technology!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Raining again :( so into my workshop/shed for gardening gear, after days of gardening and just dumping stuff in there. Had to clean the top of the TS it had a very slight rust mark on it :evil:
give it a coat of oil for the time being.

Frustratingly searched for a drill bit I know I have, didn't find it, but did find some others I thought were lost :|

I've had some of the Aldi clamps for about a year now. I didn't bother buying any this time round because one of them has lost its strength and the other one is on its way out.

I have some cheap and nasty Irwin ones that I regret buying because it was too much money to spend on tat, and they're the only cheap ones that I have that I can actually still rely on.

I bought some Dekton ones from the local handyman's store - a stupid decision considering they were next to some very reasonably priced cast iron ones - and I put too much pressure on one one day and the thing snapped in half. The other one I bought just fell apart somehow.

Big tidy up and added some more tool storage on my wall. Yesterday made a visit to Random Orbital Bob's place and he showed me how to make a new handle for one of the chisels I bought from this very forum a few weeks ago =D> . Only problem is there are three more handles to do and he has told me that next week I have to have a go at the next one :?

'Mmmmm donut!' chuck. Works perfectly.

I have a diy Longworth, but fear for my knuckles with that bloody thing.

donut_2.jpg

... at least with this one, the spinny, zombie-killing, threaded parts are at the back out of the way.

Put two pieces of wood in the vice, their flat bottoms aligned in an attempt to plane the top sides to level. And they are perfectly flat. A delightful flat slope, at about 20 degrees. Beautiful!

Cleared a mountain of ply off cuts out. Every one a potential shelf....for someone but never for me. Gritted teeth did the job, a bit more space now!

Graham Orm":fsu6cdj7 said:
Cleared a mountain of ply off cuts out. Every one a potential shelf....for someone but never for me. Gritted teeth did the job, a bit more space now!

I feel your pain.

monkeybiter":28x95s28 said:
Graham Orm":28x95s28 said:

I feel your pain.
Graham in a couple of weeks time you'll wonder where they are :shock: cause you could just do with a bit of ply. :cry:
Bin there done that. =D>

Making speakers...

Attachments

• speaker 2.jpg
    speaker 2.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 91
  • speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    224.3 KB · Views: 91
seaco":3i6z9hhd said:
Making speakers...

they're very..... green :shock:

Looks like you're going to bi-amp them? I need to get round to building some speakers.....

Spent the morning listing things on eBay to raise some funds for the new workshop. This afternoon maybe a donut chuck or turning some plates.

Edit: Ended up just doing a bottle opener and half the donut chuck. Probably need to drag the shop vac in there tomorrow as the sawdust is getting a bit silly.

Tipping it down with rain :shock: again. Made a gate for my compost bin store, just got to clear space under 2 conifer trees and clip one side of one to fit the gate, (hammer)when the rain stops long enough. :!:

That table looks good but I'm as interested in your 'fence organiser'. Any chance of some pics? And does the hole mean it slides over to a router table?

Also, is the small piece of wood clamped to the leg on the right for tapering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back