wet & dry

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheekyboy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all hope you are all ok :D

Am looking for a better way of sticking wet & dry to glass i have tried many differant ways with no real luck please can you help ? :? :D

Double sided tape is a sure fire way to make the stuff stay put on glass...clean off the goo when the old paper's removed with some acetone or white spirit - Rob

You can also use spray adhesive (sold in art shops for mounting photos) but the simplest way is to buy the superior self-adhesive abrasive sheets. No lumps and bumps!

hi all
I use just plain old pva, you need to wait a few seconds for the paper to soak it in, but then it grips fine and when you need to clean it off, just use soapy water. Works a treat on my lump of granite. Which I got from my local mason for a fiver.

We have found the PSA backed variants of 3M lapping films vastly more popular than the non PSA backed ones, to the extent that we are discontinuing the non PSA backed ones.

Pressure sensitive adhesive is like a hardcore version of the stuff on the back of a post it note. It's a one shot deal, but if you lay it on carefully and roll it into place you get a really flat bubble free adhesion. When you need to remove it you can sometimes get it to stay on the film rather than the glass (the higher the ambient temperature the better), failing that a little white spirit soon fetches it off.

Thanks for all the replys and tips
I went for the psa 3m film from workshop heaven in the end
got it a over a week ago sorry for the late reply not enough hours in the day or days in the week :D :D

Back