West Dean pics

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's a shame Jon, what day was you there?

jonbikebod":ai4orrlv said:
Perhaps we should all have forum hats or something.
Jon.

That's a great idea. Or badges. I think the Forum does a great job, and the anonymity is the only part of it I find a bit awkward. I'd love to be able to thank some of our supporters at shows, but don't who's who!

Nick

Looks like a great day out and quite different to the Yandles show many of us went to in April. I'd like to think I might be able to get there next year. :)

I'm looking forward to the one at the Westonbirt Arboretum, having not been before. Nick, I'll come and say hello to you this time, I promise! :wink:

WiZeR":1hvzafmg said:
that's a shame Jon, what day was you there?

I was there on Saturday morning when the first set of photos were taken. I had the feeling many of the attendees were likely to be members but it was only Bugbears face I remembered from the gallery. I have submitted my mug for the gallery but it hasn't appeared yet.
Jon.

Just a quick thank you from a knackered Classic Hand Tools team to everyone who were able to support this event. Lots of friendly constructive and welcome ideas on how to tweak and improve any future events so that the visitor's enjoyment is further enhanced.
I'd love the forum folk to have some ID as it is always nice to put a face to a name (actually thinking about that statement for a moment that's not always true) maybe Waka wigs, no that wouldn't work..how about Philly wigs.
We'll try and put on a good show for you at Westonbirt. Sadly having "booked" the Great Oak Hall in 2006, and re-confirmed the booking at last years event I have been advised that we cannot now use this at all this year which has scuppered my plans to put the masterclasses in there. Things happen despite of other peoples efforts rather than because of them sometimes! Enough said!
But to sign off with a few snippets..Rob Cosman will be running 4 hour teaching seminars at this years show, genius planemaker Bill Carter will be there (Sunday only) with young Mr Sauer returning to improve his soccer skills, Philly will be showing them both how it should be done properly plus a certain Mr Charlesworth, a guitar maker, an Italian woodturning school, The Austrian woodcarving school, shingle making, oak beam dressing, the making of "The Westonbirt Windsor" and hopefully some boatbuilding to add to the usual fun with our "regulars" - Mark Hancock, John Lloyd, Nick Gibbs, Chris Pye, Mick Hudson & James Mursell...The masterclasses will run as last year (any of you guys fancy doing a turn?) and we hope you'll help make this the best event of its kind in Europe (I believe it can be).
Back to West Dean, many thanks to Rosemary Marley and Allison Baxter from the college who helped me set it up. Yes CHT would like to do another event at West Dean next year with a slightly expanded format - but lets let the dust settle on this first. We do want to do one "up north" possibly Edinburgh so any possible suggestions for a venue would be welcome (250 square metre floor space, food, toilets, good parking, something for the other half to do, affordable, good local beer and an interpreter for Deneb Pulchalski etc. required).
Michel AURIOU is the correct spelling. Auriou Toolworks hope to start production this autumn.
Who ever bought the Chris Vesper made Red Gum Oak bevel - can he/she give me a call please - we goofed up big time on this and I need you to dig me out of the pooh if you can.
THANKS, Mike & the knackered crew

Thanks Mike, I would be interested to hear more info on Westonbirt. The event last for a week, is that right? Which days are the activities you mentioned above happening? I'm thinking about coming but not sure which day to aim for.

Perhaps there should be a new Westonbirt Thread?

Apart from all the regulars (almost said 'old lags' :lol: ) who I know, I'm coming to the rapid conclusion that some sort of ID is needed for these sort of events as I'm sure that there were folk there on Saturday who are UKW members that I missed...what about a Pythonesque 'silly walk' or maybe a secret sign (square and compasses...oops, could get meself into trouble here 8-[ ) Seriously, just a sticky label on a shirt with your forum name would do - Rob

woodbloke":znrdrusd said:
Seriously, just a sticky label on a shirt with your forum name would do

Excellent idea - and that's something we could each do ourselves and would require no organisation.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Or there are places like this that make up badges

http://www.badges4you.co.uk/badgemaker.shtml

Not as cheap as I thought they might be though so could be prohibitive to get a run of say 50 done, might be best with stick on handwritten labels after all !

Do like the wooden ones though further down on that site.

Cheers, Paul. :D

I`ve tried several times to get to one of these great shows, but God seems to think otherwise....

last Easter tried Yandles ( first time visit very excited) but didnt make it the jallopy broke down , tried again for the Autumn venue to find I was working that weekend, tried for Yandles again this Easter , but alas scuppered by family commitments and west Dean show was kicked into touch because Ive been advised not to drive ( temporarily , I hope)due to medical reasons.....

But if it wasnt for bad luck, I wouldnt have any...... :lol:

if the Westonbirt show is within the next couple of weeks on bended knee, If anyone in the locale, or willing to make a detour ( petrol split without question) is going to the Westonbirt show.......Please, please, please..... :D

Could have something like this, very low profile.

IMGP2477.jpg

NeilO wrote:
if the Westonbirt show is within the next couple of weeks
Neil - Westonbirt is in the third week in August if memory serves...plenty of time to do little bit of 'forward planning' :wink: - Rob

Paul Chapman":bxfai29x said:
Waka":bxfai29x said:
Could have something like this, very low profile.

IMGP2477.jpg

Typically Waka - always understated :lol:

Cheers :wink:

Paul

PS Like the new avatar 8)
Paul - I thought there'd at least be an embossed pic of a Kon**% S plane on the front, Waka must be slipping :lol: - Rob

Latest posts

Back