Waterstones

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlibalv

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought a set of waterstones from Tools From Japan, the Sigma Power ceramic 1000-6000-13000 special set. I had a bit of an accident with my previous King stones ( I dropped 2 of them ******!) any way I came across Tools from Japan and ordered this set. I am really impressed, both by the stones and the service. They were shipped with a tray to hold the stones and a free Atoma diamond stone to flatten them.

They cut really well, it's probable me but my plane blades and chisels have never been as sharp (or as quick to sharpen).

You can glue water stones back together with super glue, well I did with my 8000 grit one.

Pete

Or Polyurethane or epoxy.

I do this when my King stones get thin and fragile.

It allows 100% use.

David

You don't get this prob with oilstones. They last for life. Or two lives. I've still got my first one from 50+ years ago. I suppose it might have worn out if I hadn't added one or two more to the collection.

Nice to hear someone getting a good edge! You'll be set for many a long year with those stones.

Thanks Rafezetter; prices out of my league

I only paid about £80 for my 3 used hand-planes

Cordy

If you want new stones one of these will do for almost everything at £30 ish.
But there's loads of them cheap 2nd hand (they never wear out).

rafezetter":1uh47oz2 said:
Cordy":1uh47oz2 said:
Hi Charli
Is this the kit you sent for ?
http://www.toolsfromjapan.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1667

What did these cost you ?
How long to deliver ?
...... and finally..... do you pay import duty ?

Cheers
Cordy

Well 25,000 yen is approx £134 GBP for a start, Shipping says about £9 and import tax is very likely if they mark the package with the value. - so maybe +20%

Yes that's about right, delivery was about 10 days I think, duty only cost me £12 so I think they made an error, shucks should I have said something?

Latest posts

Back