Wadkin SP12

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone have more advice on what size motor I should go for

the saw has the option to use a 300mm blade which will give a depth of cut of 4" which I may want to use occasionally

will a 3hp single phase motor be sufficient or would I be better off going with the 4hp single phase motor???
i am new to this so any info will help

if the 3hp motor will cut 4" occasionally i will probably go with that

thanks mark

As I said before 4hp is the way to go ,yes a little more expensive but you have a 10 MM feed in place so the dedicated electrics won't cost the earth,seems a no brainer to me.Personally I would make for the single phase as the resale value would be higher and more people are looking for single phase.

More power is always good but check the shaft size and whether there is enough meat in the pulley to bore it out and cut a new keyway to suit. If not consider taper lock pulleys for the job. Easy to fit and very secure grip on the shaft but the spacing between the Vs must be correct too. If the engineering looks too hard then stick with your existing motor for an easy life.

thanks guys
now leaning towards the 4hp motor
I have already priced for a taper lock pulley as the original pulley is well and truly stuck on the end of the shaft

cheers Mark

Latest posts

Back