Wadkin C7 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerturnings

Established Member
Reaction score
I bought a C7 bandsaw from eBay recently, and am working on getting it set up and installed. It's huge and really in a very different class than the bandsaws I've owned before, so I have a couple of questions.

First, when there's no tension in the blade, the top wheel can move off the vertical plane (in the direction it should move to make tracking adjustments) by several degrees. Is that normal? I'm not sure where the slack comes from, it appears that at least the front wheel bearing is in good condition.

Secondly, the lower wheel tyre needs replaced. I've seen Scott & Sargeant want £99 for a new tyre, but also sell much lower-priced rubber cork strip. Any experience with those? Any other options I should be aware of? Is it a fairly simple process to fit a new tyre?

Cheers,

Neil

tigerturnings":4xkz2he2 said:
First, when there's no tension in the blade, the top wheel can move off the vertical plane (in the direction it should move to make tracking adjustments) by several degrees. Is that normal? I'm not sure where the slack comes from, it appears that at least the front wheel bearing is in good condition.

If you mean that it tilt to the 'front' and 'back' of the saw then, yes, this is normal, assuming it doesn't do this when the blade is properly tensioned. :)

Sorry, can't help you with your tyre problem.

mine have the cork. I didn't put it on myself but bought it that way and i've had it for about three years with no problems at all. Mine isn't a Wadkin though but it is a big old pipper that's for sure. I like turning it on as it sounds like a plane taking off and cuts through anything i throw at it. These old ones are very simple units and you just have to play with them a bit to get them perfectly set up. Take time to get to know what each knob does, lube and grease, and most of all have fun.

Latest posts

Back