WADKIN BAOS

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BECKS

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings all, I have the 12" planer-thicknesser. The rise and fall mechanism is getting stiffer and stiffer to operate. I have cleaned and oiled the rise and fall colloum to no avail. Is there anything else I can do to avoid a major stripdown?
Many thanks.

Bite the bullet and sort it out properly. You know it makes sense.

Recently on another forum someone just kept applying more and more pressure and ended up with a broken casting.

Myfordman":2mezu1bs said:
Bite the bullet and sort it out properly. You know it makes sense.

Recently on another forum someone just kept applying more and more pressure and ended up with a broken casting.
I want to sort it out "properly" am not looking for a bodge job.
I just don't know the procedure and don't wish to spend days dismantling the old girl unnecessarily I have searched for how to go about fixing it, but so far without luck. Appreciate any links you may have.

might be worth heading over to the Canadian woodworking forum and ask in the vintage machinery forum. plenty of old machine heads over there.

nathan

I had this problem on my Sedgwick.
Not wishing to teach egg-sucking, but I found that the locking mechanism was on, and had seized slightly. WD40 solved it. ...

(If it moves when it shouldn't Gaffa Tape it. If it doesn't move when it should, WD40 it!)

Nathan and Sam, Thanks for the heads up on the Canadian site, I have put a post on there, they certainly seem to love the old English kit.

Benchwayze, funnily enough, my locking lever came adrift some time back, It is threaded internally and I was unable to reattach it, mmmmum, wonder if it's turned itself a little?
Cheers for now

Latest posts

Back