Veritas tail vice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was granted a sneaky peek at a piccy of this a few weeks ago - my bench-to-be was going to have fanciful vices at both ends for a moment there. :wink: It's very clever, and looks ridiculously easy to install compared to the usual tail vice solutions. My only reservation concerns retro-fitting it to existing benches; I'm wondering how many will have the requisite 17" of unobstructed overhang to take it. Alas, I didn't (or won't have). :(

Alf":3e33m557 said:
My only reservation concerns retro-fitting it to existing benches; I'm wondering how many will have the requisite 17" of unobstructed overhang to take it. Alas, I didn't (or won't have). :(

Yes, I think you're right Alf. On my bench I'd have to alter (ie move) one of the legs. But, for me, I think it would be worth that bit of hassle because the new vice seems to have so many advantages over my existing Record 52D which I use as an end vice. My only snag is that I'd never get it into the garage and alter the bench without her indoors spotting it 8-[ 8-[ :(

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Repeat after me: "What, that old thing? I've had it for years, dear." Keep practicing until you can do it with a straight face. :lol:

Alf,
Funny , that is EXACTLY what my missus says when someone asks: "Who is that with you?"...... :lol:
Hope you are well.
Regards,
Martin

SVB":1rno9nct said:
anyone any idea of UK rrp?

S

I wonder if I could make one? After all it is similar to a front vice-cheek, that has an extension dovetailed to the side.
All I need is a 'tame' engineer to make a plate and mating dovetailed key-way out of metal, so it can be attached to and slide along the benchfront.

Hmmm.. That is worth losing an hour or two of sleep, while I mull it over.

:D

John

Back