vacum extractor..

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrik27

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All I'm new here so although it'll take me a little while to get settled, please bear with me! :)

I'm looking to get a dedicated vacum extractor to use just for the routers, and router table. I've been using a dewalt cordless/corded vac but it's not great, and not really that powerful, so it's time for an upgrade.... I have used the 4" hose from the main extractor i use on the planer, and bandsaw, but it takes too long to swap over, isn't very good and so most of the time i just put on a mask and get on with it..... but then it takes a day to clean up after.

I've been toying with the Idea of the numatic/axminster one for aabout £220, also the Trend vac, But thought it good to see what everybody uses, and get some other ideas.

the specs i'm looking for are:
long suction hose.
power take off for the router - I'll mainly be using a trend T11 so it needs to handle the watage of the router.
prefereably bagless, but i do use a lot of veneered MDF, so a good filter is essential... any ideas?

Camvac?

Mine is great with my router etc, it's bagless and the filters are a 3 stage stage system so it filters at/below 0.5 microns.

There are different sizes and motor combinations so the smaller size should be 1 in your price range if you don't need any extras. (You buy everything separately - hoses, tool kit for cleaning up, castors etc)

Thanks Jensmith, I've had a quick look at their website (they are within visiting distance to me in cambridge), I'll ping them an email to see what they can offer!

Anyone had any experience with the Trend T30, or know of a Numatic model that has a power take off?

+ 1 for camvac, i have the wall mounted one. very happy.i think you will get a better deal from camvac at a woodworking show.

Otherwise check out Yandles as I think the companies are linked. They sell all the camvac stuff.

I have just ordered a couple of the new SIP 01929 vacuum extractors - Should be delivered to me on Wednesday morning.

I used these new units when I undertook the tests/reviews on some other machinery and the suction is fantastic - a darn site cheaper than camvacs too. My old camvac caught fire a couple of months ago! :eek: :eek:

Rog

Dodge":2kyxvlod said:
I have just ordered a couple of the new SIP 01929 vacuum extractors - Should be delivered to me on Wednesday morning.

I used these new units when I undertook the tests/reviews on some other machinery and the suction is fantastic - a darn site cheaper than camvacs too. My old camvac caught fire a couple of months ago! :eek: :eek:

Rog

Hi Rog

Are they a brush motor on the Sip models and if so how loud are they, they look a good deal for the price of them.

Cheers

Dave

Hi all, just as an update, I had looked at quite a few vacs - karcher, numatic, trend, camvac.

I just ordered the the trend T30 - went for the A, and have added the fine filter, with a view to adding the pre-filter at a later date.

One of the guys at trend has been very helpful by email adding that essentially it's just the filter upgrade that takes you from T30A to T30 AF. If you want to use it with the paper bags, you can, but in order to go bagless you need to add in the nylon pre-filter.

looking at the cheapest quotes i could get for both models, it actually worked out a couple of quid cheaper to get the base model, and upgrade later on....

Also i emailed Ron Fox, to get his opinion of the trend (all good!) he also said about the adding in the TRITON DCA300 dust collector, any one use this?

I have used with great success a numatic NVD750-2 twin motor extractor as my dust management system for sanding, fine finishing, general cleaning and routing needs. I've had mine nearly 3 years and it's been everywhere. the workshop, shows, on site, etc. I'd recommend it. you can get it through axminster or cleanstore.co.uk.

However. if you're handling fine dusts. HSE regulations recommend the use of type M or H filtration for hazardous dusts. most extractors handling sanding and machine dusts send out particles into the air after extraction which mean you are breathing in the same dust. for about £650 you would be better off with a numatic HZDQ900 or HZDQ750. this has a hazard type filtration set and designed for constant use. large tank capacity and can use any numatic accessories. I'd advise this to anyone reading this. You only have 1 pair of lungs.

lew

You made the right choice. The trend is identical (inside) to the old Draper WV1100, the parts are interchangeable.

I own no less than seven of these machines, the oldest survived ten years of heavy use attached to a belt sander in a professional workshop - and was then crushed in an accident! None have ever worn out.

You need the 0.5 micron bag and paper filter for MDF or 'dodgy' hardwoods, otherwise you are investing in an elaborate mechanism to disperse the worst of dust into the air!

Back