Using Mast-R-lift II with plunge router or 230V fixed based

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel_n

Reaction score
Hi!

Newcomer to this forum, looks to be a nice place to hang out!

I am looking for a new router lift. I have been scanning the Internet and I believe that the Incra Mast-R-Lift II with the magnalock rings is what I am looking for.

However I have a problem finding routers to use with this router lift. As I understand the Mast-R-Lift II only fits a selection of fixed base routers. I am very happy with my Festool plunge base router (OF2000), but I am willing to buy a new router if that means that we can use the Mast-R-Lift II. This means that I am looking for a fixed base router running on 230V (or 220V) single-phase 50hz - with a minimum power of 2000W (approx 3hp). Anyone know where I can find something like that?

Another alternative would be to use a router lift that takes plunge base routers. I have used Axminsters router lift, and I am not to impressed with the overall quality of that product. I also found the Jessem Rout-R-Lift Prestige at Rutlands - does anyone have anything to say about this lift? As I understand it the Rout-R-Lift is a budget version of the Mast-R-Lift?

Best Regards//Daniel_n

I have been using the old rout r lift for over 8 years with Elu and Dw 625 routers in homemade tables. Good stuff.

Back