Urethane Head Mallets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerhouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, dose anyone use this type of mallet ? These mallets are made with an American maple handle and a urethane head that is guaranteed unbreakable. The main reason for me is they are said to be very quiet, and as I now work from home they could be just what I'm looking for. Sorry if this has been asked before.

Very best
Ken
Mallets.jpg

Attachments

• Mallets.jpg
    Mallets.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Much depends upon their heft/general feel during use, which tends to vary depending on maker. We tried a couple out a number of years ago, but found they lacked the feedback you tend to experience when using traditional beech/ash/lignum mallets and quickly reverted to using our more traditional tools. I can't say they felt any more robust than timber headed mallets, but can say new tools are always well worth checking out if you're unhappy with the ones you're using.

I wouldn't change my lignum vitae mallet for the world and if the neighbour complains he better watch out....that baby is heavy! :mrgreen: :wink:

Jim

Back