up the chute

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnLasair

Established Member
Reaction score
the other day at work I had an amusing thing happen, and basicly I was wondering if others had had similar

basically, I was converting some timber for my current job. I was at the thicknessing stage, I put my cutting list and tape measure on top of the thicknesser and started setting it up. I then, as you'd expect, started to reduce the timber, after a few times through I stopped, put the timber on top of the thicknesser, measured it, went to pick up my cutting list to double check the sizes, but couldn't find it... looked all over, asked the guy on the next machine if he'd seen it. nothing, it was nowhere to be seen.
While I was looking for it the foreman walked through and asked what I was looking for, I explained that my cutting list had vanished, he jokingly siad " it will have gone up the chute" then lughed and walked off. I kept looking, and then eventually thought I should maybe check the extraction bags. I really doubted that it had being sucked up, but had looked everywhere else for it. So I went outside and there, in the bag, abeit in about 7 pieces, was my cutting list.

so as a result I had to write out a new one, and now have decided to always have cutting lists on a clipboard :p

anyway, this amused me. So I was wondering what other things people have lost in extraction incidents

:lol: :lol: :lol: I attach mine to the side of the machine using a strong magnet from an old speaker!

Lons":eug0f7y0 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I attach mine to the side of the machine using a strong magnet from an old speaker!

My mother in law is an old speaker. Well, she is old and she talks a lot. Could I use her?

My cutting list often ends up scrawled on an offcut so loose more of these to the woodburner than the extractor.

Lons":2v0b9czc said:

I do the same with my chuck key on the pillar drill!

At my age. you use an old speaker magnet to pick up spilled screws etc. :lol:
Of course, brass screws stay littered all over the place over the months! :roll:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Back