UK Supplier?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Craig

Not sure you'll get those LV bits in the ~UK. But all is not lost, I have ordered from them quite a lot and the service is good.

When you are in there website, go international on the order form, when all your address details are down LV will come back to you with shipping costs, until you accept these your order does not go through.

Hope this helps.

CraigyCraigo":1yxt94aq said:
Thanks waka....... Now to browse to see if there is anything else of interest if I'm going to the trouble lol

Just remember that anything over the value of £15 attracts VAT/ import duty once in this country.

This site may help with working out the actual landed cost to the UK

http://www.dutycalculator.com/new-impor ... lculation/

Also there is an ebay calculator on there, so you can just put in the item number and it works out the vat/ duty for that item.

You could either try ebay and see if the usa sellers list them and with more reasonable postage rates, and/ or see if Brimarc/axminster can get them in for you?

I was thinking of butchering some of the Halfords professional if not...... I bet they all have similar shank styles and if I can cut them out and polish the resin off it may be an option? I no the cheap see through ones have this type of shank lol

The Lee ones are evidently high quality (I'd be amazed if they weren't), but the shank pattern - two drop forged 'wings' - is the same as the vast majority of tools with moulded handles.

You can easily 'make' your own from other screwdrivers: grip the blade with something, a Mole wrench is ideal, and gently heat the shaft with a blowlamp until it melts the plastic retaining the shank, then pull it out. If you keep the heat gentle you won't even discolour the chrome plating.

I had to do this to repair a Philips 'boombox' radio of ours. Held together by Torx T10 screws very deeply seated indeed. I've plenty of Torx drivers, but had nothing long enough to come close (short by several inches!). So I liberated one and used 8mm plumbing pipe to extend the shank. It works fine, as does the radio now.

Obviously it's not up-market, but it is functional.

E.

Note to self: must get a nice set of long Robertson drivers for pocket hole joinery.

Back