Tuffsaws bandsaw blades - speechless.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bluekingfisher":1jt27jd7 said:
How do they compare to Hamilton Beverstock blades?

David

I can't draw a direct comparison between the two as I haven't yet bought or used a Tuffsaws blade.
What I can say is, any product or service you get from Hamilton Beverstock will be of extremely high quality.
Stuart Hamilton is an excellent and very very experienced, proper old school saw doctor. It would be a foolish person who wouldn't listen to or who would argue against his advice.
Steve Beverstock is also a very very experienced guy. Whose knowledge of anything to do with cutting something with pretty much any medium is without question.
Both guys are very easy to talk with and are forthcoming with any advice you may require.
Yes I do know both of them and well enough to sing their praises.

I have a Hamilton Beverstock 3tpi 1/2" blade on my bandsaw and it cuts 5" European Oak like a hot knife through butter. My bandsaw is a 2 wheel 1HP Rexon and it preforms brilliantly with this blade.
I'm not wishing it away, but I am waiting for the chance to try out a Tuffsaws blade. If a Tuffsaws can better my current blade, then they really must be something.

n0legs":2i6ghpck said:
Bluekingfisher":2i6ghpck said:
How do they compare to Hamilton Beverstock blades?

David

I can't draw a direct comparison between the two as I haven't yet bought or used a Tuffsaws blade.
What I can say is, any product or service you get from Hamilton Beverstock will be of extremely high quality.
Stuart Hamilton is an excellent and very very experienced, proper old school saw doctor. It would be a foolish person who wouldn't listen to or who would argue against his advice.
Steve Beverstock is also a very very experienced guy. Whose knowledge of anything to do with cutting something with pretty much any medium is without question.
Both guys are very easy to talk with and are forthcoming with any advice you may require.
Yes I do know both of them and well enough to sing their praises.

I have a Hamilton Beverstock 3tpi 1/2" blade on my bandsaw and it cuts 5" European Oak like a hot knife through butter. My bandsaw is a 2 wheel 1HP Rexon and it preforms brilliantly with this blade.
I'm not wishing it away, but I am waiting for the chance to try out a Tuffsaws blade. If a Tuffsaws can better my current blade, then they really must be something.

Your response replicates my experience of the Hamilton blades of which I have several ( I am lazy and just tend to keep the same blade on the saw)

Every time I am at a woodworking show I buy a couple because they are very good and very reasonably priced. I have a large Jet 18" saw and tend to use a 1/2" 4 tpi blade for my every day needs. If memory serves around £12 - 13 is all I pay for them. And, as you mention, if they can beat a Hamilton for price and performance then they must indeed be a very good blade.

Bluekingfisher":3erw3pko said:
Every time I am at a woodworking show I buy a couple because they are very good and very reasonably priced.

Interesting to note that this organisation will be at Harrogate this year, I'll see about getting a couple of blades to try out

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I fitted a Tuffsaws blade today.

OMG, it's like a new machine. :shock:

I agree with everyone on here regarding Tuffsaws blades but I recently fitted a 1/2" 6tpi and although it cuts superb its noisier than my previous one... on further investigation I have found that the noise is from where the blade is welded and everytime it rotates it makes the noise it doesn't harm cutting but bit annoying and the first blade from them that you can actually see the joint (and feel it slightly when you rub your finger on it)
I think they should supply Tuffsaws blades with all new bandsaws to save time having to order them :cool:
Brian

Latest posts

Back