Trend Airshield Pro

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bofh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, I've been looking into masks and I quite like the Trend Airshield Pro, anyone know the best place I can get one price wise?

Cheers

I got one, I used last week it when I was working some MDF for a jig, the decontam of the mask has taken me nearly 3 hours.

Don't get me wrong its a good unit, but little or no information is contained within the manual ref effective decontamination or cleaning of the unit.

Regards

Aden

Aden30mm":2ljkfxs3 said:
I got one, I used last week it when I was working some MDF for a jig, the decontam of the mask has taken me nearly 3 hours

Regards

Aden

I've been turning and sanding with one for a couple of months and apart from the outside of the clear mask which needs a regular wipe and the filters which are replaceable I'm not sure what else would need cleaning.
Admittedly I've not used out for MDF, was dust getting inside?

Hi

The mask was MDF contaminated, and until I started to clean it, I was surprised at the level of the MDF fibers and where they lodges on the external surface of the mask. When I took the mask off outside of the workshop, I must have contaminated the inside with residue fibers on my hands.

Learning outcomes:

Improve extraction and capture work debris, dust at source ( I have just purchased a NVD750 extractor from Axminster and its the dogs danglies);

Restrict or better still eliminate the use or machining of MDF in workshop;

Murphy's law is alive and well and residing in all our workshops;

Regards

Aden

The chippy that installed my mdf skirting when I built my house got pleurisy and was laid up for two weeks. He had a makeshift workbench that he mounted his chopsaw on in a fairly sizeable room. So that dust is really evil. Be extra careful round mdf dust

Latest posts

Back