Track saw coming soon in Lidl

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurker":3nej042j said:
We have it on good authority that they are long enough!!

LMAO.png

Attachments

• LMAO.png
    LMAO.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 473
As they say, the tracks are long enough, it's not Lidl's fault that some people try to use them on bits of wood which are either too long or too wide :shock:

Being a bit of an eejit I usually run my saw along my 6' level and rarely see the need for a track which is less than 6' long.

lurker":rq9g48q1 said:

I am very pleased with the one I got.

The track, although I have been assured it is long enough, does not fit together perfectly and so, if I attempt to set the saw too snug in the track, there is a bind at that point.

I just leave a bit of play and it works fine.

Well worth the money imo

artie":3egonh7x said:
lurker":3egonh7x said:

I am very pleased with the one I got.

The track, although I have been assured it is long enough, does not fit together perfectly and so, if I attempt to set the saw too snug in the track, there is a bind at that point.

I just leave a bit of play and it works fine.

Well worth the money imo
This saw is basically Scheppach/Woodstar/Grizzly so any of the tracks they sell will fit.

It also seems to have the same issues as these saws. The slop in the track binding is caused by the narrow positioning on the plastic sliders on the track and can be sorted by moving one of the strips. The stiff plunge mechanism can also be sorted.

There is a German guy on YouTube (Cosmos B?) that goes through how you can sort it.

I was going to get one, but in the end I couldn't be bothered so I bought a Dewalt factory refurb which seems flawless to me.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

RossJarvis":1wj1nz95 said:
As they say, the tracks are long enough, it's not Lidl's fault that some people try to use them on bits of wood which are either too long or too wide :shock:

Being a bit of an eejit I usually run my saw along my 6' level and rarely see the need for a track which is less than 6' long.
Yeah, that's what I used to do most of the time.

The main use-case for me happened when I had to cut full sheets of ply length-ways (2400mm long) and, having to do this without tearout on the nice oak veneer. For that they are fantastic. Since getting it, it has come in handy for lots of other stuff (e.g plunge cutting zero insert plates for a tablesaw with a riving knife).

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

One more thing, for anyone else like myself, who said to hell with the expense and bought the Parkside wet and dry vacuum cleaner PNTS 1300 C3.

The nozzle fits into the extraction port on the saw and makes a more than fair effort at collecting.

Bodgers":36rrmnyx said:
The stiff plunge mechanism can also be sorted.

I am quite happy with the plunge mechanism, doesn't appear at all heavy.

Halo Jones":2ubtfunr said:
What size of blades does this use? I'm wondering if I can use the decent blade I bought for my circular saw in this.

165 mm with a 20 mm bore.

Just to mention, I've got 2 Ts55's but though I may get this as a spare on site or the workshop. 'Cause you can never have enough tools right?

The you tube video mentions putting glide tape on the bottom of the saw to help it slide. Can't find such a product on Google has anyone used it or similar product ? Thanks

Back