Tool boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyNC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I recently needed a new tool box. I bought a 26" Stanley one. It was the best on the shelf but very flimsey.

I bought some 25 years ago a 26" toolbox. The maker was "ZAG". This was a cheapy but is some much stronger than the Stanley one.

Appart from making my own are there any reasonably strong plastic toolsboxes availible anymore or are they all as thin as they can get away with.

Cheers

Andy

I recently sold a DeWalt one at a bootfair for a fiver...and it was quite strong...but being plastic and since I didn't need it anymore...I sold it.

I think it was in a kit with a drill etc and not sure if you can get one on its own....

Jim

It depend what you want to spend. You might pick up a used Peli case, or a similar equivalent. It may be overkill for what you want, and will cost a few quid, but should last you another 25 years! There are a few lesser makes about, which will be above the spec needed for a toolbox, and might be slightly cheaper. I cant remember the brand names, however.

AndyNC":nhzcftun said:
Hi All,

I recently needed a new tool box. I bought a 26" Stanley one. It was the best on the shelf but very flimsey.

I bought some 25 years ago a 26" toolbox. The maker was "ZAG". This was a cheapy but is some much stronger than the Stanley one.

Appart from making my own are there any reasonably strong plastic toolsboxes availible anymore or are they all as thin as they can get away with.

Cheers

Andy
I still have a ZAG that I bought from Dodge City before it was B&Q !!!!!

I've got a TUFF one and although I've modified it a bit, its lasted the best part of 8 years on site carrying more tools in it than it should.

I agree my Stanley 26" plastic tool box is on it's last legs! Mind you I did drop a counter on it a few years ago. :oops:

I had a zag and broke it so i emailed the company as i couldnt find a supplier anywhere (got mine from wickes a good few years ago) and i was told the machine that makes them caught fire so they no longer make them and there was no plans to make anymore in the future

Latest posts

Back