Tilgear 'Summer Sale' ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

studders

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received the Tilgear Summer Sale Brochure and tried to order anything via the website? I have and the prices just don't match. The brochure says to use the codes printed inside, tried that... 'Invalid Code' ?
Also, I ordered some bits ten days ago, still not arrived - apparently still 'being processed'. Not pleased at all, do they want to stay in Business or what?

<Rant endeth>

If you've ever been to the shop the answer is 'no' they are actively trying to go bust. Shame as its the only place anywhere nearby, can't see them being around too much longer though.

You might find a clue in there sales section...relocation clearance sale, no excuse for anything in reality, just an observation...bosshogg :)
I never teach my pupils. I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.
Albert Einstein (hammer)

bosshogg":3v0cca3s said:
You might find a clue in there sales section...relocation clearance sale,

I 'think' this is a different 'sale' as the clearance sale has been going a while now. Anyhoo, in the brochure it do say...

Arkansas Fine stone £14.95 - Price on website .. £27.50
Arkansas Extra Fine Stone £25.00 - Price on website .. £39.50

Surely not legal? :?

How did you pay for the items studders, Try and get it back if I were you. I would hate to see the pineapples do you over. Had it done to me some years ago by a local PC store, I got on great with the guys or so I thought, they just done a runner. God help them if they are ever seen arround here again, :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers
Dave

tisdai":3q2i4t5q said:
How did you pay for the items studders, Try and get it back if I were you.

Cheers
Dave
I haven't actually ordered the Arkansas Stones Dave as the 'code' they said to put in doesn't work. :?

The other order that is well overdue I paid for by debit card, which they took from my account the same day. If they are not here by Monday I will definitely be looking for a refund. I doubt very much I'll be using Tilgear again.

The other order that is well overdue I paid for by debit card, which they took from my account the same day. If they are not here by Monday I will definitely be looking for a refund. I doubt very much I'll be using Tilgear again.

I don't blame you m8, fingers crossed and hope it all goes ok for you m8.

CHeers

Dave

I always pay be Credit Card when I have buy stuff over the net as it means that if they fail to send you the goods you can get the money back from your card company.

I have not bought of Tilgear for about 20 years and they were really good then but it does sound like they are struggling now.

This is before the days of Axminster and the like, I guess they did not keep up with the times and have realised too late that the competition have taken over.

Tom

tomatwark":1nrq0smg said:
I always pay be Credit Card when I have buy stuff over the net as it means that if they fail to send you the goods you can get the money back from your card company.

I have not bought of Tilgear for about 20 years and they were really good then but it does sound like they are struggling now.

This is before the days of Axminster and the like, I guess they did not keep up with the times and have realised too late that the competition have taken over.

Tom

Most credit card co. have a minimum limit of £100 spend before you are covered, I haven't heard of any below this but if anyone else knows differently...bosshogg :)
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value.
Albert Einstein (hammer)

The limit that places legal responsibility on the credit card company is £100. But in my experience they will help out for lesser amounts - they ('Egg' in this case) recently refunded me £50 I was owed from a company that stopped trading.

I used to regularly visit their warehouse in Cuffley as it was a 20 min. drive from my work, it was a real Aladdins cave and always something to be found of interest.

Since they went mail-order-only I haven't used them..

Aren't there religious reasons for their quirky business model?
I've used them for mailorder as they used to source more European quality stuff
Matt

Well, after a 12 day wait the bits finally arrived today. As the carriage charge was £6 something I would have expected three days at the most. Ho hum. Will think twice about using them again.

Back