thats a bit naughty of toolstation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RussianRouter

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry George but as far as I can see both arrows are going in the direction that the teeth are cutting and the blade is rotating, or am I missing something?

Cheers

Mike

No mike,you're notmissing something.

Basically what I'm saying is the rotation f the arrow always is on the face of the blade you can see most on the outside.

If I was to put that blade from toolstation on my SMS the arow would be inside the the housing facing the motor instead of facing away from the motor.

The rotation is ight but all printing on the face of the blade is normally seen from the aligning side.

RussianRouter":2gfprxbw said:
No mike,you're notmissing something.

Basically what I'm saying is the rotation f the arrow always is on the face of the blade you can see most on the outside.

If I was to put that blade from toolstation on my SMS the arow would be inside the the housing facing the motor instead of facing away from the motor.

The rotation is ight but all printing on the face of the blade is normally seen from the aligning side.

Ah I see what you mean.

Cheers

Mike

thats nothing strange at all even some of the trend ones have the printing on the other side, it doesnt matter you should know what way round to fit a blade if not you shouldnt be using to tool.

chippy1970":1vhb4nux said:
thats nothing strange at all even some of the trend ones have the printing on the other side, it doesnt matter you should know what way round to fit a blade if not you shouldnt be using to tool.

Ditto

chippy1970":2skz0cqa said:
thats nothing strange at all even some of the trend ones have the printing on the other side, it doesn't matter you should know what way round to fit a blade if not you shouldn't be using to tool.

As I said both blades have their arrows pointing in the same direction that the teeth are pointing. I mean it's pretty obvious in what direction the blade will rotate, even without any print.

I think what he means is that on the blades he has used the print/writing is always pointing to the outside/left-hand side of the table saw.

But as Chippy says if you have to rely on the writing to know what way the teeth should be pointing/the blade fits, you should not be using the saw.
I am sure/hope that George is not in this camp :?

Cheers

Mike

Mike.C":1oqp20m9 said:

Cheers

Mike

Certainly not, can put one on without the arrow or the print.

Just seems funny that all Tstations circ blades are printed on the opposite side...must be a Tiawan thing? :lol:

I agree - it's as annoying and naughty as not marking screwdrivers left or right hand.

RussianRouter":3rbpc8vt said:
Mike.C":3rbpc8vt said:

Cheers

Mike

Certainly not, can put one on without the arrow or the print.

Just seems funny that all Tstations circ blades are printed on the opposite side...must be a Tiawan thing? :lol:

George I think that you have to much time on your hands :lol:

Jake wrote,

I agree - it's as annoying and naughty as not marking screwdrivers left or right hand

:lol: :lol:

Cheers

Mike

RussianRouter":2tiu2d3d said:

I can see both sides of the blade on my table saw, which one is the outside? :roll:

The screwfix blade is for ripping, totally differnet blade from the toolstation one.

George, don't you have any powertools in need of a service?

Mike.C":mayb7jvi said:
I think what he means is that on the blades he has used the print/writing is always pointing to the outside/left-hand side of the table saw.

Cheers

Mike

Mike I know thats what I was saying I have had circular saw blades before Trend ones and the print is on the opposite side so you cannot see it when its fitted but I wouldnt post about it on a forum :roll:

Like you say I think hes got too much time on his hands over 400 posts in just one month :shock: I dont want to discourage anyone from posting on here but all the same :shock: :roll:

Is it possible that whoever compiles the catalogue / web cat has posted the pics back to front? :)

Latest posts

Back