tablesaw motor replacement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie64

Reaction score
Can anyone give me advice on replacing the motor on my tablesaw,i would like to find a more powerful motor ,the one in it at the moment is 1 1/2 hp single phase and 8 amps and it says induction motor,any advice welcome jamie.ps where to buy one as well please.

I find motors direct very helpful and reasonable, usually with a choice of price options.

To make replacement straightforward check the motor dimensions and mounting sizes. On most motors the speed, shaft dia and hole spacing for the mounting feet are standard. Hopefully you will be able to fit a more powerful motor but keep the sizes the same.

There is a good chance that your 1.5Hp motor has a 90 frame. The frame size governs the height of the shaft centre above the mounting feet and generally the shaft size too (24mm).
Sticking with same frame size will remove a number of difficulties.
You should be able to find 90 frame motors up to 3hp but they will have longer bodies and may foul on the casing of your saw.
The trade off will be to go up to a 100 frame, solve the issues of a larger shaft (28mm shaft) and needing a longer belt Vs sticking with a 90 frame and nibbling away at the case to allow it to tilt over the full range.

Good luck
MM

Latest posts

Back