Table saw /router table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themackay

Established Member
Reaction score
I am planning splashing out on the Xcalibur 10 inch table saw,I see they do a router table extension which fits to right of table.Whats the pro,s and cons of having a router table added to saw table.
Alan

Try asking over on The Wood Haven forum there is a member there Woodbloke who has a saw and router combo for sale .If you want to view it you will have to sign in . HTH Cheers Bern

I had a quickly assembled and temporary combo in a restricted space and it was a bit of a pain- I was always banging in to the thing. It was also quickly setup and the router was a bit heavy for the base, so was a bit tippy. That can be easily resolved. I sold this saw.

I am about to make another. I figure that I need the extension on the table saw so it may as well have a dual purpose. I need to rearrange a few things to give it the space it needs. It will have a proper base etc this time.

The only downside that I can see is the fact that you may have to move any table saw settings to use the router part. With limitless space and budget, everybody would have separate everything. In the real world, this is not a bad combination. The upside is predominantly space saving.

I did wonder if it would be a bit of a pain and if users felt it interfered with the use of the saw itself.
I am ok for space when I get round to clearing an old car and various left over building materials out just hate throwing stuff away.
Alan

I just bought a new cast iron table saw complete with fitted cast iron router table. Its superb, very solid top quality Similar to Grizzly and Laguna saws sold in the USA and now available in the UK! I will post pics and a video review when I have time! Its a really excellent tool!

Hi Bernie,Good to hear your very impressed with the Excalibur saw, router table etc I will probably order one in the next day or two I just have not made up my mind whether to get the whole package or not.did you get a mobile base as well by any chance if so was it ok.
Alan

I have a kity 1619 table saw and am fitting a trend router table where the right hand extension was for my it seemed the most logical place to fit it in my small workshop to be.

Will try and sort some pics out when its done.

Steve

Themackay - the mobile base I bought for my saw was the one provided by Woodford Tooling - it's very good and only about 35 quid - so a bargain. (Took about 30 mins to assemble.

Back