Table Saw Advice - Axminster TS-250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard.heaton

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to this woodworking stuff, but I am getting right into it and the time has come that I think I need a table saw.

Currently I only have quite a small workshop (Shed) and therefore need something small and mobile but I don't want to buy something rubbish and have to sell it and upgrade in a year or 2.

So as an avid viewer on this forum I had been swayed towards the TS-200 from Axminster, but I have now noticed that they have a slightly bigger TS-250 (currently out of stock, but I can wait).

has anyone got the TS-250 and is it worth spending the extra money on the slightly bigger saw.

Its worth mentioning that my house is on the market and I have convinced the wife that I get a much bigger workshop at the next house (A double garage if I'm lucky) so I should be able to put the extension tables on in the future.

Any advice is welcome.

I might be wrong but I dont think anyone will have a TS250 yet as its been OOS since the new year, if its like the TS200 then it should make for a decent saw once set up properly (plenty of threads on the latter here on UKW).

I dont know what your intentions will be but looking at the specs for both the only real difference is a bit more depth of cut and a few extra watts of power from the motor - they use the same optional extras (sliding table, extensions) so you may find having a TS250 is of no added benefit over having a TS200 depending on what you're doing with it.

I am an owner of a TS200 however I will be selling it soon as I have upgraded to a US-style contractor saw, but the Axminster didnt let me down and I'm glad I chose it as my first table saw in preference over one of those cheaper universal motor type ones.

BTW Charnwood do similar 200 and 250 models which may catch your eye.

The 250 is a brand new model. A mate and I went to the Nuneaton store last week with a view to seeing it, but they don't yet have stock. End of this month or next month is their advice. So I don't suppose anyone will have any experience of it yet, not even Axi staff.
Having seen the TS200 though, may mate Stuart is planning to buy the 250 as soon as it comes out, without going back to see it.
S

Latest posts

Back