Switch socket with USB port...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I just wondered as I've got the system in most rooms (and workshop!). It works well. I like setting moods etc. It's also nice when you're away to have the lights go on and off etc. Oh and I also have the lights in the hallway outside the children's room set to come on at 7am Mon - Fri to help encourage them out of bed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodgers":9a2op7kx said:
Main draw back (other than safety) for me is what happens when the power supply fails (which it inevitably will). You are replacing a whole wall socket, rather than just the adaptor...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair I've had conventional sockets fail after just a year or two....

DiscoStu":166fyqkd said:
Ah I just wondered as I've got the system in most rooms (and workshop!). It works well. I like setting moods etc. It's also nice when you're away to have the lights go on and off etc. Oh and I also have the lights in the hallway outside the children's room set to come on at 7am Mon - Fri to help encourage them out of bed!!!

Ahh. I was talking about the ones you have a remote control to turn them on with. I have my two Vac systems on them so I van turn them on and off without moving.

DTR":3oo9xu4p said:
Bodgers":3oo9xu4p said:
Main draw back (other than safety) for me is what happens when the power supply fails (which it inevitably will). You are replacing a whole wall socket, rather than just the adaptor...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair I've had conventional sockets fail after just a year or two....

Sure, but conventional socket's don't have the added complexity of a 5v power supply.

Grahamshed":1m36rpjs said:
DiscoStu":1m36rpjs said:

Ahh. I was talking about the ones you have a remote control to turn them on with. I have my two Vac systems on them so I van turn them on and off without moving.

Could still be the same as mine comes with remotes as well. Can be interesting when the cat treads on one on a bedside in the night!

Back