Support the Dale Farm Travellers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll support them when I can build a house on greenbelt land without planning permission

tsb":5r3k70y4 said:
I'll support them when I can build a house on greenbelt land without planning permission
You will be able to if the tories get their way with new planning rules. Perhaps. Most likely it'll be one law for the rich (developers) and another for everybody else.

tsb":1g3bj2hz said:

I might then. Otherwise I don't see why they should have special treatment.

18.5 MILLION??? How the hell does it cost that to take down 50 odd illegally built 'homes' ?

+

I thought the bill for such demolitions were the responsibility of those who built without permission?

+

It's high time the planning approval process was changed. All to often it appears to be granted or denied by a few 'local councillors' acting on their own whims and not in the interests of those affected.

I'm surprised they aren't getting more support from the tories and the right in general: a group of entrepreneurial families seeking to end the traveling life by buying land, and building entirely with their own money, but bogged down by red tape, regulations and bureaucracy - all things every decent right wing businessman claims to hate!
Truth is they want deregulation, but not for everybody.

Jacob":otybuifd said:
I'm surprised they aren't getting more support from the tories and the right in general: a group of entrepreneurial families seeking to end the traveling life by buying land, and building entirely with their own money, but bogged down by red tape, regulations and bureaucracy - all things every decent right wing businessman claims to hate!

are you bored Jacob, a very weak example of trolling, 1/10, you have done far better in the past. Supporting the rioters was a classic troll

doctor Bob":26ogz4n0 said:
Jacob":26ogz4n0 said:

are you bored Jacob, a very weak example of trolling, 1/10, you have done far better in the past. Supporting the rioters was a classic troll
Trolling? Moi?
Think of it as putting forwards an alternative point of view in the interests of balance.
I get the impression that a lot of DM reader types never encounter other ideas at all. Basically they don't get out enough and they only talk to DM clones.
(homer) (homer) :shock:

Well I will NOT be signing the petition to support them

I wonder if there was also a "should they be evicted petition" how the results for the two petitions would compare!

No support from me. Just because one actress lends her support doesn't mean the travellers have a right to stay.

Stew

i will support the dale farm farmers, i got a couple of pitchforks they can borrow oh and a rather scary looking rake.

adidat

I don't think anyone can totally support them or totally oppose them, both sides are at fault in some way or other and...

£18.5 MILLION???

Jacob":3i89vv0x said:
... a group of entrepreneurial families seeking to end the traveling life by buying land, and building entirely with their own money, but bogged down by red tape, regulations and bureaucracy....

Yeah..tough sh*t. They need to follow the laws just as you and I do. Sooner they evict them the better.

Thanks Jacob.

Personally speaking I think accommodating - hell, embracing even - a diversity of cultures, traditions and aspirations is a mark of a healthy society and it's a great shame that any alternatives to car + mortgage are increasingly marginalised and criminalised in the UK. Truth is, the only reason these guys are contentious is because nobody else is making a profit by them being there. If a sadder standard of legitimacy/illegitimacy existed I can't think of it. All power to the Dale Farm residents. I've signed up and there's every chance I'll be spending some time with Camp Constant in the coming weeks.

MickCheese":atdmy46f said:
Would Vanessa Redgrave be so keen to support them if it were at the bottom of her garden? Or maybe it is, if so I take it back.

Mick

No, of course it isn't, silly boy! The Redgraves of this world live in cloud cuckoo land.

Jason Pettitt":3oily7rh said:
Thanks Jacob.

..... it's a great shame that any alternatives to car + mortgage are increasingly marginalised and criminalised in the UK.

How so?

Jason Pettitt":3oily7rh said:
Truth is, the only reason these guys are contentious is because nobody else is making a profit by them being there..

Twaddle. The only reason is that they have flouted the law. The same law that you and I are governed by.

Latest posts

Back