Strange happening

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be anything based on a glimpse. You don't know what it was so how do you how far away it was? Binocular vision even of a static object may work out to about thirty feet, beyond that you are looking at visual cues - how large a known object appears or how it relates to the environment. You can't make such judgements on a glimpse of an unknown flying object.

I know I've been fooled before on sand flats such as Morecambe Bay, things that appear a couple of hundred yards away may in fact be several miles, simply because there is nothing to compare them to - one of the reasons such environments can be so dangerous.

The human eye is also unable to see fast motion and detail at the same time, if it looked round it could have been any shape, it simply means you don't know. I've seen very bright meteors before, with others. When we talk afterwards we disagreed even as to what colour it was.

In summary there are far too many factors that are either unknown or unreliable you can't even begin to speculate. Golf ball? Reflection on the windscreen? Something else equally mundane, but infinitely more probable than an alien intelligence?

Assuming your mean estimate speed was 250mph
This gives 366 feet per second.
Assuming a 20ft wide span of roadway, then the max length of observation time is 0.03 seconds.

Which is too little time to register a viable identification
Any observation at that velocity would be approximated by the brain to known memory.
Just as the dark lines on Mars where interpreted as canals.

But guess you'll never know 👽

Assuming your mean estimate speed was 250mph
This gives 366 feet per second.
Assuming a 20ft wide span of roadway, then the max length of observation time is 0.03 seconds.

Which is too little time to register a viable identification
Any observation at that velocity would be approximated by the brain to known memory.
Just as the dark lines on Mars where interpreted as canals.

But guess you'll never know 👽
The truth is out there ( somewhere)

Back