Steve Maskery DVD's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andybos0

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

Obviously I am relatively new to this site and to woodworking, but I have being trawling you tube looking at the different woodworking videos and one in particular stands out from the rest which is the Steve Maskery video's, now he is advertising his DVD for sale and I quite fancy the full collection but was wondering if anyone has any comments regarding the actual content.

So basically is it worth me shelling out for these and will they help a novice.

I would love to think that I had the skill and knowledge to make some of the things that is shown but I know I have not this is why I would like the DVD's to help me along.

Personally I think this guy is amazing and has a fantastic knowledge bank.

Regards

Andy

I agree with RogerP. I've got the whole set. I learn something just about every time I watch them and I'm not new to woodworking at all. Buy them and you'll learn, too.

lurker":a0g07njt said:
I think "amazing" is stretching it a bit :)

Sorry but to someone who is not that knowledgeable in wood work I do think he has an amazing talent.

Did not realise he was part of this forum, now for me to sulk off in the corner and shy away after making a fool of myself.

As good as Steve DVD's are, personally I would not recommend them for a novice (Sorry Steve). I see them more for someone who has the basics and wants to move up a gear or several.
A novice is better spending limited resources buying good hand tools and learning how to use them. And Don't forget wood.
A short course with any of the course providers that hang out around here might be a better place to spend the cash and then get Steve's DVDs for Christmas.

Andybos0":2geg0rby said:
lurker":2geg0rby said:

Sorry but to someone who is not that knowledgeable in wood work I do think he has an amazing talent.

Did not realise he was part of this forum, now for me to sulk off in the corner and shy away after making a fool of myself.
As you're new here how were you to know? Anyway don't worry about it and certainly don't shy away :)

PAC1":3hhs8mdf said:
A novice is better spending limited resources buying good hand tools and learning how to use them. ...........
A short course with any of the course providers that hang out around here might be a better place to spend the cash and then get Steve's DVDs for Christmas.
The OP said nothing about "limited resources". Going to courses is often not convenient or even possible.

RogerP":71l5sthb said:
PAC1":71l5sthb said:
A novice is better spending limited resources buying good hand tools and learning how to use them. ...........
The OP said nothing about "limited resources". Going to courses is often not convenient or even possible.

Sorry but the courses are out of the question as I work away from home in London and only get home every 2 weeks therefore time at home is spent with the house beast and carrying out her orders mostly DIY lol.

I may of misled people by saying I am a novice, I do have a basic understanding of woodwork and can build things that do not require precision, however I have being asked by the house beast for a display cabinet to house her ornaments so I was thinking I could have a go and build one, nothing to flash to start off with but this is something I am going to attempt as a first precision project, yes I will make mistakes and yes I will probably need help but I am never going to learn unless I have a go.

Regards

Andy

I've not seen Steve's vids myself, but those that have have, enjoyed watching and making the Jigs.
There are some "Tasters" on utube that may help you make a decision.
I suggest you Talk to him tell him what you are about in the workshop, and see what he says.
Regards Rodders

Hi Andy,

those DVD's are really excellent and almost an essential when starting out. They give a huge amount of useful information and you will enjoy them.

Malcolm

Andybos0":3p6k2t0l said:
lurker":3p6k2t0l said:

Sorry Andy :oops:

I was joshing, ready for when Steve reads your post, hence the smiley.

Thank you all for the very nice words, I need them right now.
Steve
Sent from my hospital bed connected to a bag that really should not be this red.

Good luck Steve !!

get-well-soon001.gif

Steve Maskery":1pyt2o25 said:
Thank you all for the very nice words, I need them right now.
Steve
Sent from my hospital bed connected to a bag that really should not be this red.

What have you done now? !! Sounds like a nice pippy oak patch is needed.

Andy, take the plunge and get the DVD's. And don't be shy about asking on here, lots of nice guys here that will be happy to help. ;-)

Back