Stairs Makeover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shultzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have decided, sorry swimbo has told me, that the staircase needs a makeover. New newels, handrail, baserail and spindles. I've looked online and found stairpartsonline who sell both Burbidge and Stairparts own . We've chosen, sorry again she's chosen, White Oak. The difference in price between Stairparts and Burbidge is about £100 in favour of Stairparts. Not sure why, is there likely to be a difference in the quality of the oak? Has anybody had any dealings with this company?

Deansocial, the parts under the Burbridge options cost £480, but the same parts under the Stairparts options total £380. That's a lot of difference for the same things, so I wondered if the quality of the oak was suspect.

An update. I think the I might have found the reason for the difference in price between the Burbridge and Stairparts options. Apart from the spindles which are single pieces of timber, all the other parts are made up from multiple sections. The handrail is five, the baserail is three. The newels are between four and seven pieces clad with 3mm oak veneers. All the timber is white oak.

I ordered on the 25th and they arrived today, very well packed and with no damage. All the parts were straight with no bowing.

Swimbo is very very pleased so it doesn't matter what I think :lol: , she also thinks the kitchen might look good in the oak as well.

Latest posts

Back