Stacking bookcases

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morfa

Established Member
Reaction score
As most of the current projects are drawing to a close the boss is badgering me to get started on some bookcases. I've been quite taken by the Monticello stacking bookcases as Mr Schwartz has talked about. Also on the same note, I've seen these Morgens Koch modular bookcases.

http://www.rudrasmussen.com/products/bo ... -bookcase/

They're pretty simple really. Boxes with dovetail joints and fixed shelves which are rebates. I'm thinking that doing them bit by bit might be a good way to get started, as that way we get some storage immediately and not just 6 months down the line when I've got them all done. There will be quite a few of them. Currently we have one wall full of Ikea Billy bookcases. I'm going to move them and fill the other two walls with the stacking book cases.

Despite all my 'I won't use power tools' protestations, I suspect that I'll buy a thicknesser for this job. Don't mind doing the straightening myself, but I've got a lot of planks to process, so the temptation to get a thicknesser is overwhelming. I guess I'll probably do the dovetails by hand as that way by the end of it I'll actually be good at them.

Anyone made any? Any gotchas?

Latest posts

Back