Spell checker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on what you're using, older versions of MS Word didn't do this, the latest version (2016) will check as you type and pick up most errors, very similar to predictive text. You can also add your most common mispellings to the checker so it automatically puts it right. I only use Word and a dedicated word processor in our bespoke software at work so don't have much experience of other current wp's available.

My system, Ubuntu, underlines in red any word it doesn't like and a right mouse click on it reveals a list of word from which to choose. Word checkers that automatically substitute what they think is correct often fail by using a correctly spelt but wrong word.

marcros":6d6zfa6h said:
do you mean on the forum, or on a specific program?

Sorry, should have bee more precise!
On the forum . The Spell Check button just appears to check what has already been typed rather than turn on "check as you type"

Just remember that correct spelling is only part of writing correctly, using the right words and proper punctuation is also important.
Always proof read before hitting 'submit'.

Your browser might have a check as you type function. Firefox does, at least on Linux it does. The spell check button doesn't seem to work for me

Back