Some More wins.. :D

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice score with the No7!! :D

Cant say I'm overly knowledgable about hand saws, but to me that saw looks as if its been used to death! ie there doesnt appear to be much meat left on it and there's a curve in the teeth (ie where it looks as if the only teeth that were sharpened were the ones that were used), by the time you top all the teeth and bring them back to the one level there'll be even less meat :|

But, I could be wrong?....

WOW you have been busy...one from the USA...one from Ireland and a Sorby saw!

I would think before replacing the handle as it looks lovely but if it is broken as well as wormy then it might be best to replace it as you suggest. I would have a word with Pedder about that if I were you.

Jim

Hi Pat
You have been picking up some bargains
It would be intersting to know how much import tax you have to pay on a plane from the us. If its not alot of money it may be worth looking for a stanley bedrock plane and importing it

I think "very good condition" is pushing it a bit on that number 7! :D :D

should clean up no worries and a bargain to boot.

Good work! =D>

Ahhh..the joy of winning an eBay auction. There's nothing more satisfying! Those are some really cool purchases! I absolutely adore vintage items. . . especially when they're work tools. It's pretty amazing to see how advanced yet so primitive people were back in the day in terms of construction and building. Can't beat the inexpensive price either. ;)

Back