Some more coffee mugs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Woods used were oak, ash, elm, walnut and a bit of sapele i think.
rsz_mugs.jpg

Attachments

• rsz_mugs.jpg
    rsz_mugs.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 1,894
good looking contemporary pieces Monkey.....A couple of questions if I may...

Do you buy the tops as a pack...like a bottle stopper kit or something?
What do you seal the wood with so the coffee sits in there ok?

Cheers Kevin

You certainly are no mug when it comes to turning these :lol: 4 good looking and well turned mugs I keep meaning to have a go but the to do list never gets any shorter next to do is one of KimG,s coloured type bowl which I now have the gear to do.

Kevin, there's a steel liner inside like this,
rsz_mug_b3.jpg

Taken from shop bought travel mugs which I take apart. Kits are available in the states but don't seem to have made it over here yet (although I buy the mugs for 6 or 7 pounds which is what I imagine the kit would cost anyway). I get them in The Range, you can find cheaper ones but they wont have the steel liner, or will be impossible to get them apart.

Attachments

• rsz_mug_b3.jpg
    rsz_mug_b3.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 1,752
The Range just recently opened a branch in Aberdeen have to go and get one and give it a try.

They look great, I want one! - what have you finished them with?

Woodmonkey":fgryfr4x said:
Taken from shop bought travel mugs which I take apart. Kits are available in the states but don't seem to have made it over here yet (although I buy the mugs for 6 or 7 pounds which is what I imagine the kit would cost anyway). I get them in The Range, you can find cheaper ones but they wont have the steel liner, or will be impossible to get them apart.
I get mine from B&M, for about £3. The only drawback is the rubber ring on the cap, with them being cheapo, gets twisted and you get dribbles.

Latest posts

Back