Small Garden Workshop Build & Tour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very handsome workshop, with some nice equipment. Do you have some sort of dust extractor for the tools?
Mark

Excellent Ben and very similar to what i have just embarked upon. Mine will be block and render and slightly smaller than yours at 10 ft x 16 ft internal. That is a lot smaller than my last shop and i was worried that i wouldn't be able to fit everything in, but you have reassured me that it can be done with good organisation.

Took a few photos of mine to date this weekend and will get some up soon.

I see that you have felted the roof and this is something i have considered doing to keep down the cost after having a quote for £350 to fibreglass after i have installed all the roofing timbers and boarding. Did you just nail the felt or is it stuck down/torch on?

MickCheese - Yes it's the 500. Initially i installed it just in front and above the Table Saw from cables (About 5 inch clearance from my head) but found the exhaust was blowing the Saw dust everywhere. So i relocated it to where it is now. I haven't noticed any reduction in airflow but now you've mentioned it i will keep an eye out. I did clean the front filter out recently with the hover so it must be working. It's about 8cm from the wall and iv angled the exhaust to one side.

Wallace - For dust extraction i have the Numatic NV750 for my power tools, Miter saw and Router Table and the Numatic NVD750 for the Table Saw and Band Saw. I'm currently saving up for the Jet Chip Extractor for my P/T. http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jet-dc-9 ... rod780368/

securedownload.jpg

NV750

securedownload (1).jpg

NVD750

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 2,281
  • securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 2,281
skipdiver - 1st we painted the Ply board (Roof) in some nasty black paint. The Felt we used was from Wicks and my friend reassured me it was good stuff as he had used it a couple of years ago on his kitchen extension and has had no problems. Off the top of my head i can't think of what it was called. It was self adhesive and you just peal it back, lay and stick. We put down a underlay 1st then two layers of felt on the roof in opposite directions and glued the seams.

I was always going to have the Table Saw in front of the door as you walk in, this allows me to rip up to 9 1/2 foot. (Doors open) Everything els kind of fitted in neatly around the sides.

Look forward to looking at your pictures.

Kirk - Thank you. On the two walls behind and to the left is Heat/fire Retardant plaster board, 2 ft either side and my Table saw is 5 ft away from the stove. The Eco fan on top helps direct the heat away and into the room.

Benjamin, thank you for your workshop wip, it is fantastic. Makes me wish I had the time and money to do the same...one day, one day :) But it has given me inspiration though.

Benjamin":10magjfs said:
skipdiver - 1st we painted the Ply board (Roof) in some nasty black paint. The Felt we used was from Wicks and my friend reassured me it was good stuff as he had used it a couple of years ago on his kitchen extension and has had no problems. Off the top of my head i can't think of what it was called. It was self adhesive and you just peal it back, lay and stick. We put down a underlay 1st then two layers of felt on the roof in opposite directions and glued the seams.

I was always going to have the Table Saw in front of the door as you walk in, this allows me to rip up to 9 1/2 foot. (Doors open) Everything els kind of fitted in neatly around the sides.

Look forward to looking at your pictures.

Thanks for the info.

Mine is just at the bricked up to damp stage at the moment as work and bad weather is getting in the way of progress. Will get some pictures up when there is a little more to show.

Quick update - Having experienced all the wet weather we've had in the West Country in the last week it was necessary to install some proper drainage. Plan is to run 4inch pipe from behind the workshop and into the storm drain.

securedownload (1).jpg

Attachments

• securedownload (1).jpg
    securedownload (1).jpg
    159 KB · Views: 3,082
I think your workshop and now your ground work show great attention to detail. Also the way your workshop was planned was super, mine is 17x17ft an extra 5ft than yours , however you have inspired me to make some changes next year.

I think I might move my P/T alongside the table saw, (does that work well) thanks for showing. And if your dust extractor needs cleaning out it must be working. :)

Very impressive ...

How do you manage to keep it so clean and tidy ,i'd like to see it a year or so ,will it still be so clean .
I have a 28ft x 14ft workshop and looking how clean and tidy yours is ,puts mine to shame ..... But i do make things in mine :D .
My problem is like many others I just can't throw things away ,also I often work late into the evening and have early starts so i don't get time to clean .

Nice shop! I have just started the process and have a 4.5 x 5m structure up, bare walls and half a floor down, some temporary lighting installed today. Having seen your post I think I'll start taking photo's.

Very neat & tidy, am organising the shed at the moment. Can I ask what you are using to hang your cramps/clamps, is it custom made by yourself, or off the shelf? Thanks.

Back