SiP 16'' scroll saw spares

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NazNomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a SiP scroll saw, model # 01373

Anyone know for certain if other blade holders would fit my machine? (Pinned blade, but the originals hold plain blades - not well, but they do).

I have enquired with SiP to be told that, ''... the part is now obsolete and with no stock available".

Cheers.

Hi Axminster do a universal blade holder that some members have purchased,and has managed to be of help.

A photo of your original clamp may be of help,so members can offer help.

Bryan

Hmm, those Axminster ones look incredibly similar. I might punt for a pair of those, they're cheap enough.

SiP's website quoted £8.50 (when they had any).

Hi NazNomad, sorry, I don't know your particular machine but in my own case I bought a pair of those Axi clamps for my old machine (an Einhell) and they fitted with the minimum of fuss. I guess that many of the "lower end market" machines are pretty much the same (or at least very similar apart from minor details), coming as they do from the same factory/ies I think. So if you're comfortable with, in the worst case, just a bit of metal drilling and perhaps thread tapping, + maybe a bit of filing, I should think the Axi clamps are definitely worth a punt - especially as they're pretty cheap really.

Good luck.

AES

Your joking? if not that's a pipper! how old was your saw? is it still under warranty?
Brian

I bought it second-hand and it wasn't new then. It's an obsolete model now, SiP have a different one.

Oh dear Naznomad, that's a real bummer. What's the motor like, a common type? Any chance of finding a S/H spare (e.g. fleabay)? You could have had my old Einhell but it's already promised to someone (and anyway it would cost more than it's worth to send it from here).

AES

Cheers, the Jet JSS-16 from Axminster seems to be the ''same'' saw(ish).

Birthday soon though. :-D

Naz..... they must still sell them, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIP-01373-Var ... SwHjNWAXGR

Maybe you could get a replacement motor from sip? depending on costs but I think you might find a secondhand motor to fit cheaper.... try Freeads/Loot etc for scrollsaws as the sip does look like many of the foreign brands and many will use the same motors.
Brian

Latest posts

Back