Sip 01322 How did you set the sliding carriage?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdesign

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Have got my saw blade parallel to the mitre tracks was just wondering how you get the sliding carriage set up.

do you just loosen the bolts holding down the cast top and set it to the slider.

I havent got the manual and am at a loss to the best way. bought it second hand.

Thanks

I'm not familiar with this particular machine but the general principle for setting the fence on a sliding carriage is that it must be at 90 degrees to the direction of travel of the sliding carriage, some people make the mistake of setting the fence square to the rip fence or the blade. How I do it is by setting a large square (you can use an acrylic draughtsman's square) against the crosscut fence and use a dial indicator on the other side of the square to measure how far out of square it is.

In terms of the table of the sliding carriage it obviously needs to be co planar with the saw table top, but if you're mainly using sheet goods some people prefer it to be co-planar but say 0.2-0.3mm higher than the saw table top, this makes it easier to slide. If you're mainly using solid timber, or it's the sliding table on a spindle moulder, you'll want to dead level with the machine table top, or maybe just 0.05mm higher.

The slider needs to be set parallel first, then the table set square to that.
I'm not familiar with that particular machine, so I can't tell you where the adjustments are, but they will be there somewhere.
There is a generic "how-to" guide for this operation on my DVD WE7, "Tablesaw Essentials"

Back