Scroll saw blades Q

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfyPete

Established Member
Reaction score
My scroll saw came with pin ended blades but also has adapters to use flat ended blades.

What are peoples blades of choice?

Having had a look online am I right in thinking there are far more diff flat end blades them pined?

What blades size would you use for cutting puzzles, fret work?

Do you rate the blades with all round teeth that you don>t need to turn your work when cutting?

Thanks in advance for your help

Pete

Hi Pete and welcome to the forum. I only got my scroll saw last September and basically I asked the same question as you. I had tried a couple of different types of blades but wasn't very happy with them. They were adequate but not great. Then Brian (Claymore) recommended Pegas blades. I ordered some No. 3 double skip blades from Axminster tools and love them. They give me a brilliant smooth finish, very little burring, and as I make a lot of word plaques with very tight turns I find they perform really well. Hope this is some help and happy scrolling.

Charley

Pete.

You will soon find which blade suits your work best, I have been scroll sawing for many years and found that my go to sizes are 3,5 and 7, reverse tooth. However I do keep a full range of blades in stock from 1 to 12 and coping blades, all in the various tooth combinations.

I purchase all of my blades from (Hegner) not because I have that saw, but because their blades at the gross (144) rate are competitively priced.

Welcome to the forum, and happy scroll sawing.

Chris.

Thanks guys

I've ordered some Pegas Skip Tooth Scroll Saw Blade in sizes 3 and 5 from Axminster. I was supprised at how cheep they are and just how they are good value for money and not cheep and nasty. Will find out soon :)

Back