Scottish woodcraft show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, yes The Scottish Woodcraft show takes place at Ingliston, Nr Edinburgh on 24th & 25th September this year. Masterclass by Stuart Mortimer + David Gray & Tony Wilson, Gavin Philips (Pole-Lathe, Log-Splitting, Hewing), Liza Raby (Pyrography) + trade stands/clubs/bargains.. Should be a great show.

Lightweeder said:
Shells, you're very well informed, for a Southerner :wink: I'll be there.

Yes, I did wonder how a Kentish man was able to supply the info that didn't seem to be immediately available ------ and why, when he really is about as far away as one can get. :D :wink:

Thanks Shells.
Rob

Reply from Nelton Publications:

"Hello Lee,

Tickets for the Scottish Woodcraft show are available now via the telephone booking line 01474 536535 or on-line from 1st July.

One day tickets £5 in advance.
Two day tickets £7 in advance.

Best regards.

Tony"

Cheers.

Oh Yes, us Southerners are always on the ball.. plus live only a stones throw from the organisers, so anything you need to know guys, don't hesitate to ask.

Shells
If you go to the Memberlist and sort it by Location - then wade through to about page 100 you will find that Kent is well represented. Don't even ask why I know this - it's too sad :roll: :roll:

Thanks for your help
Rob

I have been speaking to a guy who seems to know a bit about this show. It appears that a number of Scottish turning clubs have been invited to take stands to run demonstrations as well as furniture colleges. They are expecting to have stands for carving and pyrography too.

It seems there are doubts in the trade about whether there will be another Glasgow show. The organizer has been wavering for some time about the frequency, the duration and the location of the show. There was nothing organised this year and I cannot find anything online about 2011. So this may be the only show we have.

I have seen a Stuart Mortimer demonstration in the past. The guy is a genius. He was very articulate as well as being a highly accomplished turner. He gives a great explanation of what he doing and why. His demonstration should be worth the admission money alone.

Does anyone know of a web site with a list of trade stands for this show? I need to compile a shopping and wish list before VAT increases.

Hi
Just spotted this on Nelton,s web site

Woodworking Scotland 2011
Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh
Scotland's Trade Woodworking & Furniture Production Exhibition
24th - 26th March 2011

Now in its third year, Woodworking Scotland is firmly established as the event for Scotland's Woodworking and Furniture Production Industries. The exhibition takes place in Highland Hall at the Royal Highland Centre, Edinburgh on the 24th - 26th March.

The exhibition is sponsored by the Scottish Woodworking News magazine which ensures the exhibition is promoted to the Scottish market on a regular basis over a 12 month period.

The Royal Highland Centre is situated 5 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, at Junction 2 of the M8 motorway and Junction 1 of the M9. Edinburgh Airport is less than a 1/4 mile away.

dickm":2eh3gfiw said:
Yes, great idea to meet up. We are kind of thin on the ground up here - or perhaps it's just that we have a lot of ground to spread over :D .
If there's a definite date and time to meet, it should be well worth the trek from Aberdeen.

Sounds like a grand day oot ! ...
Fancy a lift Dick ?

Hi KeithS

Noticed a post from you about the Scottish Woodworking Show on Nelton Exhibition's website, that is actually a trade show which takes place next March. The Show we are interested in is the Scottish Woodcraft show which takes place on 24th & 25th September this year, should be a great show, I am really looking forward to it.

Thanks
Shells

Noticed a post from you about the Scottish Woodworking Show on Nelton Exhibition's website
Never posted anything on there site and never knew you could.
that is actually a trade show which takes place next March.
Hey there may be someone interested in going.
The Show we are interested in is the Scottish Woodcraft show which takes place on 24th & 25th September this year
Yes I know because it was me who started this thread,

No, not on their site on here, I actually got muddled up with the two myself just didn't want others making the same mistake and attending the wrong one lol...

May see you there!!

Out of curiosity I contacted the promoter of the Glasgow woodworking exhibition to see what the likelihood is of it taking place again in 2011. The repsonse I received was

Hi Andie,

At this point in time I do not intend to do a woodworking show nin Glasgow in 2011.

Regards

Ken Salter

SK Promotions Ltd

It seems pretty clear that there is little chance of a woodworking exhibition in Glasgow in 2011 and as there was not one in 2010 that is probably the end of the line for that exhibition. It is therefore very fortunate that this new promoter has come along to run a first show in Edinburgh. However, I guess if the public do not support the venture it may not be repeated. The lesson to all is therefore 'use it or lose it'.
The Nelton web site now includes more information on the exhibition as well as the opportunity to buy admission tickets online. In my opinion the chance to see and hear Stuart Mortimer is worth the entry money alone. I am now waiting anxiously to see a list of exhibitors.

Bought my tickets today, looking forward to this as it's my first show ever.

May see some of you folks there, perhaps Wizer could do another round of Workshop forum badges and we could all wear them as an easy identifier?

Are Sorby likely to be demonstrating their sharpening machine which is advertised in 'Woodturning'?

Hi Andy,

I am of the understanding that Robert Sorby will definitely be demonstrating their new sharpening machine at the show and many other things as well. Roll on September.

B******* B******* and more B*******

Decided I was going to make the trip over the border but just realised we fly to Italy on 25th!!!!!!!!!!

Not only that but I'm going to mss the Ryder cup golf as well.

Wifies fault- grounds for divorce (if I couls afford it) :evil: :twisted: :x :( :cry:

Latest posts

Back