Scottish woodcraft show

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeithS

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Looks like we maybe getting a show in Scotland this year after all,this was posted on the Turners retreat facebook page,(The Scottish Woodcraft show which will take place at Ingliston near Edinburgh in late September will feature internationally acclaimed turner Stuart Mortimer as lead demonstrator)24-25th Sept.
Keith

Hi Keith,

This is really excellent news.

I've been hoping for something like this for ages and will definately look into this.

I only stay 10 minutes away! WOOHOO!

Cheers.

Is that in addition to, or a replacement for, the SECC show which is due next March? If it's an addition, that will be great, as there's not that many "woody" things up here, unless you are in to forestry :(
Keep all us northerners posted, please!

KeithS":3ll73rch said:
Hi
Looks like we maybe getting a show in Scotland this year after all,this was posted on the Turners retreat facebook page,(The Scottish Woodcraft show which will take place at Ingliston near Edinburgh in late September will feature internationally acclaimed turner Stuart Mortimer as lead demonstrator)24-25th Sept.
Keith

B******

Wife has booked holiday from work last week in Sept and wants to go to Tuscany

Might have a fight on my hands unless you can persuade them to hold it a week earlier :lol: - Wife is an immoveable object so no hope my end :cry:

Bob

Sounds as if the Scottish 'section' should have a get-together.

Skeetoids - I'll race you; I reckon I'm 9 minutes away, but that does depend on the Newbridge roundabout !!

Rob

If this show is a goer, then perhaps we could agree to meet over a pint there at some agreed time - I'm sure there will be a bar somewhere!

Rob

Yes, great idea to meet up. We are kind of thin on the ground up here - or perhaps it's just that we have a lot of ground to spread over :D .
If there's a definite date and time to meet, it should be well worth the trek from Aberdeen.

Hi
A get together sounds good, nearer the time we can make plans for this.
I was thinking that at the begining of sept i could refresh everybodys memory with a message on this forum. Need to try and find out what suppliers will be attending as im in the market for a new lathe but will
hold of till sept.
Thanks
Keith

Here's the website for the show

http://www.nelton.co.uk/scottish-woodcraft-show.html

Doesn't say much but it does confirm that it is planned - I say that as the site doesn't say who has booked to be there and if they don't get enough stalls sold it may get cancelled. Ever the pessimist!

Who's for Friday and who's for Saturday if we're going to have a 'Clan gathering'?

Rob

I'm afraid a Friday would be much easier for me. Although I realise I'm probably going to be in the minority. :(

Latest posts

Back