Scheppach HMS 260 planer thicknesser - spare parts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mat9060

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this site so apologies if my problem has been tackled before (couldn't see anything after searching forums though)

I bought a Scheppach HMS 260 on Ebay after 6 months research. Very tidy machine except one of the gears (cogs) on the mechanism that drives the rubber feed roller has snapped three teeth. I think it's part number 6100 4600.
I have spent the last two hours searching google and can only find one spares stockist! Surely there must be more? The part comes in at £50 so i am keen to see if there are any compettors out there. Is this a common fault or could it have been caused by me? (i was only taking 1mm off at a time honest!)

I have a manual for the HMS260ci. It that the same as the HMS260? (looks like mine was built in 1998 according to the label)

Thanks , great site

Mat

NMA Agencies on 01484 400 488 are who you need to speak to, they are the importr for Scheppach. They will start off being all Northern and brusque but they are really helpful, and know their products.

What I can't say is how much the part will cost, £50 does sound steep for a cog unless it also includes the drive axle, or is indeed the whole feed roller assembly.

The Ci in the manual you have refers to the cast iron tables that version has. If your copy has cast iron tables then it is a 260CI, if they are alloy its a 260, but they are otherwise identical.

Hi Allan,

Gutted ! It was the one but I have bought it now. I found the recommended seller to be very helpful but it seems there are few options beyond them, as they are (apparently) sole importers for Scheppach. I am very grateful for your offer and perhaps know where to come if I ruin this one. Thanks again
Mat

Back