Saw Sale - All now sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter T

Established Member
Reaction score
I've decided to downsize the number of saws I own so, If anyone's interested these are the ones I have for sale -

saws02.jpg

From right to left they are -

1. 14 inch Drabble and Sanderson tenon saw with 12 tpi. Markings on the brass back say Warranted - Drabble and Sanderson - Sheffield - Cast Steel

2. 14 inch W Tyzack Sons tenon saw with 12 tpi. Markings on the brass back say Sheffield - W Tyzack Sons & Turner - Cast Steel - Nonpareil and there is the elephant logo.

3. 8 inch W Tyzack Sons dovetail saw with 20 tpi. Markings on the brass back say W. Tyzack. Sons & Turner Sheffield. On the steel it says W Tyzack Sons & Turner Ltd - The Tutor Saw - Sheffield England

4. 8 inch Crown Tools dovetail saw with 20 tpi. No markings on the brass back. On the steel it says Crown Tools - Sheffield England

5. 8 inch A & F Parkes dovetail saw with 10 to 15 tpi. Markings on the brass back say A & F Parkes & Co Ltd - cast Steel - warranted - Sheffield - Biped plus logo of 2 feet.

6. 10 inch P. Tyzack and Son tenon saw with 12 tpi. Markings on the brass back say P. Tyzack and Son - Railway Arch 345, Old Street EC - Silver Steel

All the saws have heavy brass backs which are completely solid with the saw plate. The teeth/sharpness will probably need some fettling. All have full sets of brass nuts and the handles are tight on the saw.

All are in good used condition commensurate with age.

I'd hoped to get £15 each for the smaller ones and £20 each for the 2 larger ones.

I'm open to offers and if anyone wants the lot, I'm sure we can work out a deal.

If nobody is interested then they'll be on e bay at the weekend.

Thanks for looking,

Peter T":20ro5esj said:
I've decided to downsize the number of saws I own so, If anyone's interested these are the ones I have for sale -

saws02.jpg

I bought no3. from the left the 8 inch W Tyzack Sons dovetail saw with 20 tpi. Markings on the brass back say W. Tyzack. Sons & Turner Sheffield. On the steel it says W Tyzack Sons & Turner Ltd - The Tutor Saw - Sheffield England

and

no4. from the left the 8 inch Crown Tools dovetail saw with 20 tpi. No markings on the brass back. On the steel it says Crown Tools - Sheffield England.

Well I received the two saws I wanted and they are fantastic. The Crown is heavier than the Tyzack but the Tyzack is more comfortable in the hand. They both cut really nicely.

Very pleased with my purchase.

Thanks

Mick

Latest posts

Back