Sander BTS 250

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boboxsi

Established Member
Reaction score
My be it is not the right place but since i will use it for scroll saw purpes.

I realy love this sander
http://www.machineseeker.com/A883737/Holzstar-BTS-250.html

Tehnical data
Belt 1220 x 150 mm
dia. Disc 250 mm
table 360 x 200 mm
D 1.440 U/min.
Motor 50 Hz 800 W / 230 V
Netto-weightt 47 kg

It is a lot of monea and do you think it is worth of purchase. Or it is to profesional for scroll saw person

Thank you for any advice

I was looking clark CS48 which Geoff mentioned but the cost for sending it to Slovenia are high.

Hi Blaz. It looks like a nice sander but looks can be deceiving. I don't want to put you off but you need to think if this is the right sander for you. Is the amount of usable belt going to be long enough. I make things that are free standing and now and again have to sand the bottom edge to get it perfectly straight and level. The disc looks a bit small and this type of sander tends to be under powered so when you put a piece of wood on the belt and start to apply pressure it slows down and this is so frustrating as it takes a lot longer then to get the wood smooth. It's a shame that you do not have a machine mart shop in your country, you could then get the CS48.

If you intend buying this sander check the power of the motor, if is it 300 watts or less I would look for something else. Happy hunting.

The one boboxsi linked to looks the same as the Axminster one, he states the belt is 4ft x 6" the disc is 10" and the motor is 800w all of which are larger than the Clarke, so I would say that if boboxsi likes the price then go for it, at todays price conversion it's approx. £100 cheaper than the Axi. one
happy scrolling
Steve

Thank you for fast answers

Regarding Einhell sand band in this rang there is a lot off sanders but if i follow Geoff advise this sanders
have to small power. The disk size is 6˝ and only 375 W.
But the price is super for me.

I was writing this post here because the price 450 eur it is a lot for hobby. I invest in Hegner :p And it was good decision.
My friend bought scroll saw for 120 eur and he can only use no 9 or no 12 blades. Saw can`t handel smaller blades.

Since i am thinking of seling some of my product i need to have good (not perfect) mashines.

People love my product which are not perfect jet, but i give it for free now because ther are shortcomings on sanding and finish level.
Now i am sanding on
251816.jpg

It was a gift from my father . But the table is to small and i have dificult to send it in 90°

That is why i am watching for 2 things: 1 good sander and 2 good drill press.
The only thing is that now all mashines are made in china uder Europian brands and quality is not up to standard.

Does anyone use Axminster Hobby Series AWEBDS610 Belt & Disc Sander any experiences?
It is similar sander.

I al so find new mashine which is cheaper but on germans forum people doesn`t talk good for this brand
All are taking that thair mashine are superficial made and that first thing that you mast do is make some modification
and than work perfect. I do not belive that i have skils for do that.

http://www.holzmann-maschinen.at/pr...ucts_id=244&osCsid=e1n9mlt7jm6khdgfhvr594jpc0

@boboxsi:

I should be VERY carful about the Einhell machine link that bodgerbaz has posted.

I do NOT want to be an alarmist, but apart from the colour (bodgerbaz's link shows a red machine) the machine I bought on a trip to Germany about 2 or 3 years ago looks exactly the same (except that mine is blue).

With mine I have completely stripped the machine 3 times and have never been able to get it to work properly - the construction is so bad that I have NEVER been able to get the bearings of the belt sander part to line up properly. The result is that there is so much drag that the machine has NO power at all, and when you just gently touch a piece of work against the sander (either against the belt or against the disc) the machine just stops!

In a word, it's just useless!

Of course I may just have a bad example, and I should have taken the machine back to the Einhell factory shop where I bought it. But it's a long way away from me, and according to their factory sales terms and conditions there are no returns. So in the end I just couldn't be bothered and I'm now looking for a new disc/belt machine myself.

My Einhell machine now lies in pieces in my garage and I'm going to use some parts from it (mainly the motor which seems OK) to make a thickness sander of my own - one day!

But please note that nowadays Einhell make 2 different ranges of tools, the red ones being aimed more at the "professionals", and the blue ones (like mine) being mainly aimed at the hobby market. But the red machine shown in bodgerbaz's link does look exactly the same as mine and I THINK (note please, I only think, I do not KNOW) that at the time I bought my blue machine Einhell did not have these 2 different ranges.

Anyway, remembering where you are, and the hassle you would have sending it back if it's no good, I suggest you do not buy that Einhell machine unless you have the chance to try it before buying.

I'm sorry to sound so negative and I should add that some Einhell machines are quite OK - it just depends. But Einhell are basically a "badge engineering company" - in other words they don't make much at all themselves but just buy machines from Asia and simply add their own badge.

I would not want anyone else to have the problems that I've had with my belt sander, but I repeat that it's possible that I was just unlucky with my particular example.

I should add that I have no connection whatsoever with Einhell, nor any of their competitors.

And also, from what I have learnt about bodgerbaz, both as a person and as a member of this Forum, I am quite sure that he would not have posted that link if he knew about my experience.

I hope that helps.

AES

AES":2at9qow9 said:
I should be VERY carful about the Einhell machine link that bodgerbaz has posted.

And also, from what I have learnt about bodgerbaz, both as a person and as a member of this Forum, I am quite sure that he would not have posted that link if he knew about my experience. AES

I have no experience of the brand or AES' experience with same. Having read in other threads that the OP didn't have a great deal to spend on his new hobby I was just looking for a cheaper alternative to his post. From what AES has posted it seems that you should ignore my earlier posting. Sorry to send you in the wrong direction.

Barry

Back