Sale of goods.. etc

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you purchase from a private seller or business ? auction or buy it now ? was the item new , 2nd hand , refurbished all KEY questions ?

clk230":2aau0ect said:
did you purchase from a private seller or business ? auction or buy it now ? was the item new , 2nd hand , refurbished all KEY questions ?

Brand new buy it now from a business seller, who says hundreds sold and more than ten still available.

Buy another one and make his life a little more difficult :)

At least you'll know when this one will break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would it be appropriate to tell people who this seller is so as to warn off other potential victims, or would you get into trouble for defamation of character?
You could also spread the word on facebook or similar

AJB Temple":hw9cr5rq said:
£20. Its gone. Life is short. Move on. Only fight big battles.

As I said in the op, it's not going to financially ruin me, but I would like to get what's due.

It wouldn't be the first time I expended more than I gained for a principal or just to see what would happen.

Was told this evening I can do a charge back on the credit card that paid paypal, paypal will then be forced to charge back from him.

Charge back on the credit card is certainly worth looking into, that's pretty much what paypal would be doing to the seller, only your card provider doing it to paypal first 8)

artie":1rneo9nw said:
AJB Temple":1rneo9nw said:
£20. Its gone. Life is short. Move on. Only fight big battles.

As I said in the op, it's not going to financially ruin me, but I would like to get what's due.

It wouldn't be the first time I expended more than I gained for a principal or just to see what would happen.

Was told this evening I can do a charge back on the credit card that paid paypal, paypal will then be forced to charge back from him.

That's the spirit. I don't have a credit card linked to my PayPal, wish I did. In fact, I have said that before so I have no excuse, I'll do it next time. I buy something

clk230":3iznmgpz said:
as with most things your best bet is look for the real facts and information i.e - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-act-2015

Know your rights then let the seller know that you understand your rights.

Implying that everyone who has answered already is unfamiliar with them? He knew his rights, we all do. Enforcing them against some iffy "broken English" eBay seller is a totally different matter.

Wuffles":nc6f5xa7 said:
clk230":nc6f5xa7 said:
as with most things your best bet is look for the real facts and information i.e - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... s-act-2015

Implying that everyone who has answered already is unfamiliar with them? He knew his rights, we all do. Enforcing them against some iffy "broken English" eBay seller is a totally different matter.

not implying anything !
The OP's words ' am I expecting to much ' implies to me he doesn't know his rights .
IMO - the op should look at the link , understand his rights and tell the seller those rights and tell the seller what he wants.
Bit of a bold statement for you to make - 'he knew his rights we all do ' REALLY

clk230":2lza9m59 said:
Wuffles":2lza9m59 said:
clk230":2lza9m59 said:

not implying anything !
The OP's words ' am I expecting to much ' implies to me he doesn't know his rights .
IMO - the op should look at the link , understand his rights and tell the seller those rights and tell the seller what he wants.
Bit of a bold statement for you to make - 'he knew his rights we all do ' REALLY

With all due respect, read the responses on the thread and you'll see what's been covered. You'll then see the OP has spoken with eBay, PayPal to no avail, knew his rights (the "am I expecting too much" I believe meant from a shifty eBay seller). You'll see the advice given by others. You'll then see the OP is going via his credit card company.

So yes, I think the people who have responded (that's the "all" in my response to you) does seem to suggest that those responding did know their rights. Not real-world though is it, knowing your rights. Read my responses in the thread and you'll see how "rights' mean nothing on some occasions and you just have to learn to cut your losses before your rights get you into trouble.

Latest posts

Back