Router Lifts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Gaz

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guy's,

I'm in the market for a router lift. I have toyed with the idea of underneath lift using the fine adjuster, but I'm a bit on the tall side and all that bending is going to do me in :lol:

That leaves me with the above router lifts, but in the UK we don't seem to have too much choice, we have the Trend T11 router with the option of being adjustable from above when mounted to a standard insert plate (drilled accordingly) or theirs the UJK offering from Axminster with all the chains and sprockets raising each corner or the American 'router riazier' attachment, but this requires quite a bit of mechanic's to get it working.

In the states there are many offerings from such guys as Jessem, Incra, Woodpecker to name but a few, but they are all designed around the American barrel type routers, has anyone managed to get a UK/European router to fit one of these lifts or gone the opposite and purchased a USA style router and converted it to work on Uk/European power system.

I would be very interested if anyone has done this.

Regards

Garry

The Triton 1400W and newer model 2000W routers have above-table winders. If looking at the 2000W, check that it's the newer model with the winder. With the exception of the Router Raizer, everything else that's any good appears to be around or more than the cost of a new router with above-table adjustment built in so I don't see the point really.

I have the T11EK with its above table adjuster (which as you rightly say I drilled accordingly). I use the adjustment bar that came with the router for fine changes but for heavy lifting up and down at cutter change time I just have one of those little 3.5V dewalt screwdrivers that come free with virtually every dewalt promo with the appropriate socket permanently attached. Stick it on the socket....press go and you don't even need to wind :)

I would never go to the ridiculous expense of some of these other designs when my solution works arguably better at a fraction of the cost.

Too many gizmos in the world. More stuff for the widow to deal with when one pops one's clogs.

Have you thought about making your own. Woodgears.ca have plans for one.

The cost wold be a lot less and you have the satisfaction of knowing you built it yourself.

There are Bosch models with above-table height adjustment, as well as the newer Freuds.

However, I use an older Freud (cost £30 on ebay) in a table, fitted with a Router Raizer; not difficult to fit and thoroughly recommended.

Random Orbital Bob":3441bsga said:
I have the T11EK with its above table adjuster (which as you rightly say I drilled accordingly). I use the adjustment bar that came with the router for fine changes but for heavy lifting up and down at cutter change time I just have one of those little 3.5V dewalt screwdrivers that come free with virtually every dewalt promo with the appropriate socket permanently attached. Stick it on the socket....press go and you don't even need to wind :)

I would never go to the ridiculous expense of some of these other designs when my solution works arguably better at a fraction of the cost.

Same here, works a treat :D

Cheers, Paul

That's cos great minds think alike Paul :)

I've just finished building my sharpening station...I'll ping you a pic when I get chance. The combination of tormek for fine stuff and Tormek jigs on the dry grinder......brilliant.

Latest posts

Back