Recycling

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinny

Established Member
Reaction score
Some time ago the bread knife decided that the old living room furniture was a bit "dated" so i was duly sent to despatch it to pastures new.

thought i'd give it a new lease of life, so went from this (and a bookcase):

IMG_0105.jpg

to this:

IMG_0108.jpg

then on to this:

IMG_0109.jpg

Ending up with a new home for planes, chisels, and general "stuff" which is forever getting moved around to make space for other "stuff".

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0346.jpg

Theres something quite satisfying about giving a new purpose to otherwise redundant furniture,

We've an oak table in the dining room.......Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Vinny

A fantastic use of old furniture! =D>

Did you turn all those knobs yourself as well?

Your workshop's looking very smart indeed. You'll surely come to appreciate that as winter kicks in... :(

I'd love to say that i turned the knobs myself, but unfortunately I can't :oops:

The workshop is coming on well, going to have a bit of a refit over the next few weeks. I've loads of work surface to use and abuse but very little in the way of assembly area which was a naiive oversight in the rush and tear that posed as "the design stage". Also got to make space for a BS and make the P/T an easily moveable object as opposed to a lower back threat every time i need to use it. If I remember i'll try and get a WIP going once started.

Thanks for the positive comments on the cabinet, its my first real venture into anything other than mdf and pocket holes.

Cheers

Vinny

Excellent use of recycled furniture! Looks great, the joints looks very precise and I like the finish as well.

It would have been nice to see a few inbetween shots of the construction of the tool storage unit though.

Craig. :)

That's wicked Vinny! Good use of old furniture otherwise condemned to the scrap heap! I shall remember to keep our old furniture when it comes to this stage. Nice work and a great space in your garage.

cheers
Steve

Back