Record RSBS14 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocksteadyeddy

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just finished fiddling with my newly aquired bandsaw (my first, and at the expense of having to sell off a much loved pair of fishing rods :( ) I find myself looking (yet again) for some advice.

Having never owned or used one i`m looking for any useful gems others can pass on.
From reading previous posts and "the manual" I think I have the guides set up right and it appears to be running quite smooth, although it was getting quite late and I didn`t want to upset the neighbors!
Initially I bought the saw with being able to re size stock in mind, but i`m sure the number of uses will grow rapidly.
So there you have it, any bits of advice you`d like to throw my way please feel free!

Edd

The best advice you can have is,
buy any replacement blades from Tuff Saws, Ian will give you good advice on type and tooth requirements.
Frank S.

Quick update had another play. When the machine is running there appears to be a slight "tap" as the blade revolves, is this normal or should it be quite quiet?
With regards to tensioning the blade is there any pointers anyone can give me? Research seems to indicate its generally a matter of personal preference?

Thanks Edd

ps. When funds allow will get a new blade and probably the dvd.

The tap is probably the weld point passing through the blade guides.

Latest posts

Back