Record Power DML 320 problem

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerryd

Reaction score
I have a dml320 lathe, out of warranty. It has just started, to switch off and on by itself. When I look at the speed readout it is constantly changing and is obviously not correct. Sometimes it shows 05 on the readout, this does not feature in the user manual as an error code.
Also when it has stopped and you turn the hand wheel it will start up.
I phoned Record and they said it could be the sensor is dirty, I have checked and cleaned just in case. Otherwise the advice is a faulty switch unit, or the motor. I really would like help if anyone has had similar problems, as I do not want to buy the switch unit and then discover that the motor is faulty.

It could be the knob used to set the required speed. Unplug the lathe so it won't start and rotate the knob fully clockwise and counterclockwise several times to clean the contacts. Now switch on and try the machine again. This is a common problem with such potentiometers if they have been left standing a while or are worn out by constant use.

In addition to Eddy's advice, if you can get at the inside of the speed switch give it a click squirt of switch cleaner.

Back