Record Power BS350 still vibrating - any further thoughts?!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
selectortone":3kx92nf3 said:
I have that issue with my BS350S, I've just got used to it and compensate when I'm tightening the fence bolt.

I have watched your video of the penny falling over and I'm pretty sure I'd have the same thing happen on mine - I'll try it tomorrow. FWIW, yours sounds quieter than mine! Mine is on a reasonably level concrete floor.
Thanks for the reply - I do the same but it's a real shame as i think I lose some accuracy. I've been cutting dovetails with a couple of jigs I made and I reckon it takes about double the time on account of readjusting, and I'm pretty sure I sometimes go further to the waste side and chisel more off later just to be safe.
I wonder if there's a way to reduce the play inside the locking mechanism thing?

And I'd be interested to hear how your penny stands up!

Stick some old conveyor belt rubber under the feet. If you dont have any, use any anti vibration pads you can find.

Some machines will vibrate and you wont stop them short of a blueprinting exercise that will cost 5 times what you paid for it.

The blade flutter should not be so bad as to make the whole machine vibrate.

Chris152":3pzj8zy6 said:
I'd be interested to hear how your penny stands up!

My penny stands up for about as long as yours does. If I put my hand on the table I can feel a slight vibration but it's not something I have noticed before and definitely not something I'm concerned about.

Latest posts

Back