Puzzled.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand in awe of the knowledge displayed by people in this thread.

Personally, I don't feel qualified to evaluate climate science, because it appears to be really quite complicated.

BugBear

Jason Pettitt":1sh3d54c said:
Yup, the same chap. If you can stand it there's an on line talk he gave on how all that stuff fits with the present.

http://www.agu.org/meetings/fm09/lectur ... A23A.shtml

In which case his findings can be used to prove that carbon dioxide in the atmosphere causes global warming; yet at the same time they can be used to show that what is happening is merely a part of a natural progression. Something no one can do anything about. As a result, I wish so-called schoolteachers would stop making my grand-daughter feel guilty with their insidious brainwashing. :evil:

To BB.

Climatology is an invented science, born of necessity; inseminated by Governments! I am not a climatologist, but I know the whiff Bovine Excreta. I should do. I once used a lot of it myself!

John :wink:

Well next year is 2012 of course and that's the year when loads of celestial bodies (Not Raquel Welch) are all in line. This happens just once every 25 million years or some such wild figure. Apparently it's going to rip the Earth asunder, starting near Hawaii near the ring of fire!

So why worry about climate change. 8)

Which would lead any sensible person to ask 'what happened then 25 million yrs ago?' (hammer)

Roy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roy,

I am not sure of the figure...

Not saying I believe this of course, but maybe the last time it happened, the Moon was pulled from the Earth? :duno:

Either way, if it is right, what will the Politicians do about it? I bet they promise us they will look after us! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[

8)

John

PS I just located this video. Anyone who watches these, will understand why I am dubious about the Carbon Theory. as a factor in Global Warming I am not saying the Sun really is the cause of Global Warming, but it's the best candidate I know of, and funnily enough, like everone else, I can actually see the thing in the sky and feel its effects! :mrgreen:

http://www.universetoday.com/88707/sun- ... rominence/

John

Currently science states that the Moon was formed from an impact with the Earth, that the Moon is composed of Terrestrial material and that the impact occurred very much before 25 M yrs ago BW.

Roy.

Ref. the Moon,

Thanks Roy.. As I said I dunno... other than I always believed it probably was once a part of the Earth.. :duno:

Regards
John :)

Back